1.    #1  
    I saw Pocket-DVD Studio for Palm. And it looked good. Except I only have Mac and Linux computers. I mostly use Mac for now though. I saw MMplayer. So I guess I could convert Movies smaller for that. Anyone else do this for Mac? If you have ideas let me know. Or even a program I dont know about.
    I use Mac the Ripper to rip the dvd onto my hard drive. Then I use D-Vision 3 to reformat the dvd to an .avi file that will play in MMPlayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by fleebailey33
    I saw Pocket-DVD Studio for Palm. And it looked good. Except I only have Mac and Linux computers. I mostly use Mac for now though. I saw MMplayer. So I guess I could convert Movies smaller for that. Anyone else do this for Mac? If you have ideas let me know. Or even a program I dont know about.
    There are a number of detailed threads on this if you search the forum. From my experience, I've gotten the best result using Kinoma Producer and kinoma Player 3 EX. I tried to save money and produce my own 3GP for the native palm movie viewer, but the quality was not even close to my results with Kinoma.

The simple steps with Kinoma are easy as follows:

1 -- Insert DVD into the Mac
    2 -- Use Handbrake (freeware) to extract video to mpeg4
    3 -- Use Kinoma Producer presets for your Treo to convert the resulting mpeg4 from Handbrake. I prefer the true mpeg4 and AAC sound quality in the Treo preset.
    4 -- Transfer the resulting file over to "DCIM" folder in secure digital card
    5 -- Open Kinoma Player 3 EX, select your video, and enjoy.

There are other ways to do this with the use of Quicktime Pro etc... but I have found this to be the easiest route to take with the best results.
    My experience with Kinoma was that movies were about 2x bigger files than they were using D-Vision with no noticeable quality difference. Kinoma was probably a little easier to use though, I suppose. I love being able to fit 7 or so movies on my SD card though.

Mac the Ripper couldn't be easier to use. It's one click and it extracts the dvd. In D-Vision 3 you have to input the right settings, but once you do it once or twice it's really easy. If you do a search, there are full instructions as to how to set it up.
  5.    #6  
    Thanks for all the help guys. I'm done plenty of compresed dvd's before. Just wondering how others did this. Thanks.
    "Murphy was an optimist."
    The old Kinoma files were 2x larger but Kinoma 3 ex creates files about the same size as Divx