1.    #1  
    I know a lot of people are having problems with the T650 and previously T600. I have been waiting for some of the problems to get fixes and also watching to see what the competition introduces before I make a purchase.

If you go to other sites that focus on HP or Samsung or others you will find a disturbing similarity to the problems here. Dropped calls, poor voice quality, poor software etc etc etc. The names of the posters are different but the topics are very similar.

T-mobile recently yanked the HP 63xxx? from their sales bag because of problems. Samsung i700 users hope the i730 is a better product yada, yada, yada

Makes you wonder if the manufacturers are pushing "not fully tested product" out the door to beat competition or the providers are pressuring the manufacturers to get it to them ASAP. I know that the phone providers have testing and certificates before a phone is released, so you think some of these issues would be addressed before the public lays out hard earned dollars for these expensive products.

In the next few weeks we will "see" new products from HP and Samsung that will give Treo more competition. (Ironic in a recent press conference that P1 would discuss futures - EV-DO etc = when this current stuff still needs work. Hearing footsteps are we?)

I wonder if these new products will be more of the same or will somebody step up to the plate and deliver what they are promising. I think we are all in agreement that we want the toys but we want them to work.

Which comes first the chicken or the egg? I don't know?
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    I...Makes you wonder if the manufacturers are pushing "not fully tested product" out the door to beat competition or the providers are pressuring the manufacturers to get it to them ASAP...
    Well, of course there is tremendous pressure to get the next product to market. Even the simplest cell phone is an incredibly complex device, so to get one to market with no problems at all would be a phenomenal achievement.

The number of "moving parts" (virtually moving, of course) is so high as to stagger the imagination. The fact that these device work at all is nothing short of miraculous.

Still I, like everyone else, want a device that does everything and is error-free.