1.    #1  
    I downloaded Card Export II awhile back and it seemed incredible. I was hoping that I had a replacement for the ubiquitous USB flash drives everyone HAS to have.

However, when I plugged into a new person's computer to give them a file, it demanded that we restart the computer to acknowledge the new drive.

Now, that's more cumbersome than the USB flash drives. Was I doing something wrong or is the newest version able to work more smoothly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    That's usually a PC OS issue. What OS was the PC running?
  3.    #3  
    Windows 2000 (same as on my computer).
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    It could be that this was the first time the drivers needed for a USB drive (or a particular version of it) were automatically installed and being used on his computer and that required the reboot. I don't think this is a problem with card export II and I believe it could happen with other USB drives. I've used this program with a couple of Windows 2000 computers and Windows XP Pro and didn't have to reboot.
  5.    #5  
    I just tried it out with an untouched-by-USB-drive computer and it did just what you described. After the first time it senses a USB drive, it loads the drivers and then requires a reboot.

No problems for computers who are used to USB drives.

Thanks for the confirmation.
    I have 2 reboot about 50 percent of the time but I'm almost sure this was/is my computer but for a while I was having a problem that it would lock up my phone and not allow me to hotsync untill I did a hard reset now that problem is gone?
  7.    #7  
    After playing with CardExport II more this afternoon, it appears that the only differences between this and a standard USB drive are:

1. I have to carry a retractable USB cable now
    2. I already have my Treo with me so I don't require a second device (isn't this Treo's motto?)
    3. Plugging into a Treo during a meeting is MUCH cooler than a little drive

Does this summarize the coolness?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Yeah, CardExport is cool but VERY slow.

For quick transfers of small files, I use CardExport. For larger files, I use a SanDisk MobileMate SD+ - it's about the size of a typical USB thumbdrive, I have the MobileMate on my keychain. It's WICKED FAST on any machine that has USB 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    1. I have to carry a retractable USB cable now
    actually, you don't have to. (if all the pc's you access have bt)
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    I downloaded Card Export II awhile back and it seemed incredible. I was hoping that I had a replacement for the ubiquitous USB flash drives everyone HAS to have.

However, when I plugged into a new person's computer to give them a file, it demanded that we restart the computer to acknowledge the new drive.

Now, that's more cumbersome than the USB flash drives. Was I doing something wrong or is the newest version able to work more smoothly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I've had this problem before, but it's been a while. If I recall correctly, you don't have to install the driver or reboot. All you need to do is cancel the new driver install. Reconnect Card Export again, and it works the second time. There was a thread on this somewhere
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by linc
    actually, you don't have to. (if all the pc's you access have bt)
    does the standard hotsync cable not work either? do you have to use the retractable?
    Quote Originally Posted by zHomestarRunner
    does the standard hotsync cable not work either? do you have to use the retractable?
    any standard hotsync cable should work with Card Export II.
  13.    #13  
    I use the retractable cord for traveling as it's only about 5" long. Both cords work but I wouldn't want to drag around the 3' one.

OK... now, I just read up on SanDisk MobileMate. It's cheaper than CardExport II, smaller than the retractable cable, and faster.

This may be cooler than using a cable (I have a 600 so no BlueTooth).
    I use the sandisk mobile mate sd+. It's very, very fast on usb2.0. I use it with my Kingmax 1GB 66x card.
    I bought CardExport II but haven't installed it yet.

In case you needed to and from reading the "read me" file it looks as if there are special instructions to un-install the program...so...you can't use Uninstall manager or some other app to do this?!
    ###
    That's right. The CE-II will remove itself in a special way from the Treo (requiring a reset at the end). Don't delete CE-II using the usual methods.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Good to know, thanks.
    HELP!!!

I have a "Cannot Send USB descriptor. Host failure?" error when i connect to my PC.

It happened to me before and found a solution. It's happening again but the Softick forum is down.

Anyone having the same problem?