1.    #1  
    Couple of newbie questions:

1) Any recommendations on a USB BT Adaptor for my file/print server? I wish to be able to hotsync and print to it wirelessly

2) How significant is the battery draw on the Treo 650 if I left BT on (but the BT headset turned off...or does it matter whether the BT headset is on or off in terms of energy draw on the Treo?) ? For example, has anyone tried and noticed a 25% drop in battery life with BT on at all times?
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    I can't answer the print server question. I've seen reports of 10-20 minutes less battery life with Bluetooth ON, I'm really not sure.

But I do want to share my USB BT adapter experience. I bought the Linksys with foldup antenna and the 3COM. Linksys reportedly has greater distance. It set up fine and works great. DO NOT BUY THE 3COM! It is stuck at COM4, which does not seem to be selectible on the Treo. The 3COM software is very function-rich but it doesn't let you use anything but COM4. Hopefully they'll update their software.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pgmr1
    I can't answer the print server question. I've seen reports of 10-20 minutes less battery life with Bluetooth ON, I'm really not sure.

But I do want to share my USB BT adapter experience. I bought the Linksys with foldup antenna and the 3COM. Linksys reportedly has greater distance. It set up fine and works great. DO NOT BUY THE 3COM! It is stuck at COM4, which does not seem to be selectible on the Treo. The 3COM software is very function-rich but it doesn't let you use anything but COM4. Hopefully they'll update their software.
    20 - 30 minutes less life during the day is not too much IMO.

Which model linksys? Linksys generally is more expensive. Anyone try Belkin or other brands?

BTW, do I stand to benefit from the extended class 2 versions of the USB BT adaptors? I know the Treo's BT transmitter is not that strong.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome