1.    #1  
    The last time I deleted all my maps, I lost all my favorites. Becasue of where I live and where I travel, I am having to put a few diff map combos becasue TomTom did not give me all the exact choices I would really like. Mostly my fault, becasue I only have a 256 card.

Any way to save fav's?

Btw...this program ROCKS!!! Considering I was going to spend 600 on a Garmin 6210, this little puppy is a steal...

Cip
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    I posted this a while ago. There is a bug in TomTom where it doesn't change the Modify Date on some files when you add favorites. So they never get updated on the PC. If you delete these files on your PC whenever you sync and change settings/favorites in TomTom, then they will get updated from your palm, so the newest version is always on your PC.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=tomtom
    Thought I'd revive this old thread because I'm confused. Which files are Tomtom favorites actually saved in? They relate to a specific map and Tomtom gives you the option to keep favorites for a map when you delete the map. I suspect they are either in the specific map .cfg file (internal) or possibly on the SD card in the map folder but have not been able to verify that from modify dates (probably for the reason mention above). I need to save some rural area favorites that can't be easily reconstructed from addresses, etc.
    Found a work around that I'll post in case anyone else is concerned about losing Favorites. I converted the Favorites to POIs under Manage POIs. I created a new category and justed added a POI using each Favorite location. Now I can backup the POI category and even transfer it to other maps if appropriate.
    So If I'm moving from TT5 to TT6 is there a file I can copy from the old version to move my favorites to the new version?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    So If I'm moving from TT5 to TT6 is there a file I can copy from the old version to move my favorites to the new version?

Al
    So, did you ever get an answer to this? Were you able to preserve your favorites? Any other tips for someone about to go from TT5 to TT6?
    I just activated TomTom 5 on my 680 after using it for two years on the 650 (and accumulating 2 years' worth of favorites) & can confirm that favorites are stored in each individual map's .cfg file in main memory. so far at least no problems using on a different device.