1.    #1  
    i am new to treo i am getting a 650 some time this week
    i am looking for a irc app that will let me use ssl and mode +h
    also i have an ftp set up at work i store liek music videos and such on and need an app that i can dl from my server
    and then what size of file can the treo dl
    can it dl a 20-30MB vid file
    everywhere i read it says can dl files but have heard like 2MB limit

i will have a 1GB card to dl this onto
    Don't know about irc, but for ftp you can get Ezftp here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/communication/ezftp.shtml
    It's free.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    thx mate will try it out
    IRC: upIRC. The only drawback is you can't run this in the background. So the minute you're interrupted by a phone call you're logged out of the irc server.
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I couldn't get EzFTP to work. Has anyone tried it with a 650??
    I have EzFTP working on the Treo 650. I don't like it's interface at all and it seems very cumbersome to use. I've also tried Lftp, but that is a basic command-line FTP interface. It seems like there used to be some other options for good FTP on Palm. Anyone know of a Palm app with a nice FTP interface?
    I use VFS-FTP on my Sprint t650 without a problem. I too download MP3s from my personal FTP server to my phone. SO nice.

http://www.ninelocks.com
    boraware.com is developing an irc app that will run in background.. plus many features that upirc doesn't have.. the app is called ptp & is in beta. u can also visit treochat.net hosted by phil, the developer of ptp & boraware.com
    I have used the beta and its coming along great.. will blow away upirc!
    I use vfsftp as well, I also am playing around with the ptp beta. It will definitely be a much better better IRC app than upIRC.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous