Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Arg. This is a real pain. I can't perform a hotsync to backup all my info. Grrr...
    The thread about the update over at mytreo.net has a downloadable version to use if you can't hotsync....Check it: http://mytreo.net/forum?topic=9063.msg89329#msg89329
    Last edited by 02flhrci; 03/22/2005 at 04:59 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    My phone rebooted twice after the flash completed...I almost had a heart attack...thought it was going into a reset loop. So if this happens, don't panic...if it reboots more than twice, then worry...

Just wanted to make everyone aware of this.

Flash is complete.

Original free memory=15.7/23.7
    New free memory=19.5/23.7

Not bad.
    Just did a quick bit of research. Started the install process for the update when I got to the point to where it was going to install it on my treo I went to the install folder in my palmone file on the PC. I dont think making custom ROM's are going to be that easy. I didnt see any file like the ones in the custom ROM's, ie I dont see the ace-palmos.zip file that the changes were made in before.

RJ
    A good explanation on WHAT is being done with the memory can be found in this thread:

http://mytreo.net/forum?topic=9063.15
    I ended up going the hard reset route to enable the updater files to sync over.
    I must say that Tealbackup is GREAT. I did a backup before the update, then did a full restore after the update. It worked without a problem which actually kinda surprised me. After other "updates" that cause hard resets, I always had some apps that weren't restored, or I had to find the registration number for. Tealbackup made this update painless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    .....What is so wrong with wanting proof? Rumors run rampant in forums.
    Proof? I will settle for evidence. However, mere assertion in an environment where gossip and rumors prevail is worse than nothing. If all one has is a rumor, spare us the angst.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I must say that Tealbackup is GREAT. I did a backup before the update, then did a full restore after the update. It worked without a problem which actually kinda surprised me. After other "updates" that cause hard resets, I always had some apps that weren't restored, or I had to find the registration number for. Tealbackup made this update painless.
    Backupman has performed the same for me. I did a full restore with no issues what so ever.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    My update didn't start automatically after I hotsynced what do i do?
    Yes, the DUN patch still works!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    My update didn't start automatically after I hotsynced what do i do?
    I had this happen on mine. Ended up deleting the many files the updater placed on the Treo using FileZ, then freed up a bit more space by moving some more items to my card then started over and it worked fine. I had 11.1 mb free when I started and I guess that wasn't enough. 2Nd attempt I had 12mb free and it worked just fine.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    I just noticed that my treo is alot louder now. I use aeroplayer with treoguard to use a mp3 as my ringer, I just got a call and the ring was too loud. I checked aeroplayer and there was no change in the volume, I have it set to 51%. I never thought my calls sounded bad before, but there is definitely a change in the sound for the better. I use aeroplayer also as my mp3 player, and always have it set to max for listening, doing this now is way too loud. Anyone else noticing the sound being better?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    i Have the TWH and yes the volume doesn't change now by hitting mute.
    It still connects as it did automatically before the patch.
    Sweeeet.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Hey guys, for some reason I cant hotsync with my memos after update. If I set the hotsync "memos" to "do nothing", it syncs just fine. If I set "memos" to perform any other action, the hotsync just hangs. The red and blue arrows just continue moving back and forth for hours. Im forced to disconnect the phone and reset it. I also have to shut down the hotsync manager, and palm desktop because even they become unresponsive to any action. Anybody know what could be causing this?
    Kash76:

I hereby eat the crow, feathers and all (feet first no less). For what it's worth, I'd have never thought Palm could deliver this within 6 months of the original release of the Sprint Treo 650.

Can you throw us a crumb about the fate of us poor Cingular users?
    Last edited by dstrauss; 03/22/2005 at 06:24 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Can someone check the network time issue with Jeff's program?
    update went fine, except SuperTooth device no long works. repaired still no go.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Can someone check the network time issue with Jeff's program?
    Joebar- at first I thought it fixed that problem, but no, it didn't.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    My update didn't start up automatically which program do i start that installed after the update? How do I check to make sure all of the componets updated?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast