Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    What backup program are you all using to restore everything after the hard reset and update please?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I am using a Motorola HS820. Kash, did I do somehting wrong, here are my steps:
    1. Go to menu, it reads Enable device name cache. I tap it to change it to disable.
    2. Re-pair.
    3. No dice.
    Also, anyone who flamed Kash owes him a HUGE apology.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    It also appears that I onloy have three or four megs freed up as opposed to the five others have reported. Some guy over at mytreo.net said that he went from 2 mb to 12mb. But I think he is mistaken.
    This will depend on how efficient you were using the memory before the update. And therefore it depends on what apps you have. So it will not be the same for anybody.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    I'm wondering if there's any version identifier in Shadowmite's custom rom that can be changed to something ealier (than 1.08) in order to dupe the ROM installer. I'm assuming the ROM installer is just looking to a specific file in the ROM to "see" its version number. What if we can change that version number?

In any event, this update will overwrite Shadowmite's custom ROM anyway. I guess it's up to Shadow to customize 1.08. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    do those of us that used Shadowmite's custom rom to use DUN need another custom rom to use DUN? I was using shadowmite's rom#3, I had to reflash back to the original sprint rom, which I got from his site. Just not sure what everyone with shadowmite roms are gonna do if anything.
    I am using a Motorola HS820. Kash, did I do somehting wrong, here are my steps:
    1. Go to menu, it reads Enable device name cache. I tap it to change it to disable.
    2. Re-pair.
    3. No dice.
    I have the 820 and have to do tap the button to get it to switch over. (With SM ROM #5.) I think this is normal.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Also, anyone who flamed Kash owes him a HUGE apology.
    I don't think anyone "flamed" him. If he took my posts that way, then I apologize. But flame? I can point to threads if you want real flames.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    To be honest, it actually is better this way. For example, when my girlfriend wants to borrow my phone, it drives her nuts when the earpeice is in my pocket, she does not know what to push to get it to turn off the headset on the handset, no matter how many times I have told her how to do it. It may seem small, but it may be the difference in her mood swing that gets me laid.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I'm wondering if there's any version identifier in Shadowmite's custom rom that can be changed to something ealier (than 1.08) in order to dupe the ROM installer. I'm assuming the ROM installer is just looking to a specific file in the ROM to "see" its version number. What if we can change that version number?

In any event, this update will overwrite Shadowmite's custom ROM anyway. I guess it's up to Shadow to customize 1.08. hehe.
    I have Shadowmite's Custom ROM #3 installed and under Phone Info, the software version reads Treo650-1.03-SPCS.

Should his Custom ROMs read 1.08?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I tried to update it while using shadowmite's rom and got an error message that the rom on my device was newer that the one being installed and it stopped. I then went to shadowmite's site and downloaded the printe restore rom, and flashed it back. I then ran the palmone updater and it worked. I did a restore using tealbackup.
    Relax, bro, I wasn't flaming anyone for flaming. The boy did good (and tried his best to help with my headset issue). I actually was not referring to your posts, though. At least I don't think I was.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    It may seem small, but it may be the difference in her mood swing that gets me laid.

LOL...Hear, hear
    If you are as curious as I am about where the "extra" memory came from and haven't updated yet, I'd suggest we take a snapshot of the file sizes (FileZ's "Send Tree to Memo") before the upgrade so we have something to compare against afterward.

Since all the "what were your results?" threads have already started, this would at least be useful to people in figuring out what their mileage was going to be. If they changed the NVFS sector size, it's definitely going to depending on how many PIM records you have, etc.
    Relax, bro, I wasn't flaming anyone for flaming. The boy did good (and tried his best to help with my headset issue). I actually was not referring to your posts, though. At least I don't think I was.
    Are you flaming me?!?!

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    No dice, Kash.

Sorry man, I'm outta suggestions. I can't test mine until the weekend when I get home.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    There are times you must flame, and there are times you must close your laptop and count to ten. I never get past seven before I reopen my laptop and it's flame-on.
    Thanks for the attempt, Kash. Which headset do you have?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    FInally fixed. I had to rename backup folder, hard reset, re-run the ROM update untill it completed, delete new backup folder, rename original backup folder to Backup, and re-hotsync.

I went from 60.7% free memory to 77.7% nice.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The dun patch still works.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Thanks for the attempt, Kash. Which headset do you have?

The Cardo 500, it's at home though
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast