Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    I thought the updater has to be with the same user name you have for your hotsync, etc.?

If you do it that way you can restore under your old user name?
    yes
    wowsa, I went from 11.1 free WITH shadowmite's ROM (the minimal rom) to 15.5 with the sprint ROM (with all the crap on it)! I hope they start crankin' out some custom ROMs using the new firmware, then I'd have 18-20 megs free space!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    As for the new update, I'm going to wait a few days. I have one of the shadowmite roms, so it looks like I will have to do a restore of the factory ROM first and I want to see how others are doing along those lines.
    I had a Shadowmite ROM as well and the flash to original went fine as did the 1.08 update. So far so good. I have 5mb more RAM free, though it didn't seem to fix the delays between applications (ie going to the phone application). Voice quality seems fine (as it did with SM's ROM).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    I'll be doing a flash over to original sprint ROM then (possibly) back to Shadowmite custom #5 on a Verizonized Treo 650 later this evening. I'll report back when I'm done.
    It appears that the bluetooth volume issue is fixed. The only problem I have now is that it no longer connects automatically when I turn the phone on. It appears that I need to push the button on the headset after a call is made to start the connection now. No biggie. Now I don't need to find the headset elsewhere when I want to make a quick call and have to turn the headset off. It also appears that I onloy have three or four megs freed up as opposed to the five others have reported. Some guy over at mytreo.net said that he went from 2 mb to 12mb. But I think he is mistaken.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Delete the pairing and repair!?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Tried that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    It appears that the bluetooth volume issue is fixed. The only problem I have now is that it no longer connects automatically when I turn the phone on. It appears that I need to push the button on the headset after a call is made to start the connection now. No biggie. Now I don't need to find the headset elsewhere when I want to make a quick call and have to turn the headset off.
    Finally!! Someone makes a phone call with a BT headset. Thank you.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    try this...

"disable device name in cache" on the menu, re-enable it and repair.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I'm getting giddy here. Can't wait to install it.
    I tried deleting and repairing and I still need to hit the button on the BlueTooth headset. Still, no biggie. Good thing about it is that the delay between the speaker turning on and the microphone activating is much quicker. Before, someone would answer the other line and I could not speak until three seconds later when the microphone beep went off. Most importantly, the volume is fixed. I feel sorry for everyone that bought BT Mute for five bucks.
  12. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    I feel sorry for everyone that bought BT Mute for five bucks.
    I never bought BT Mute anyway, because hitting the mute button only worked 50% of the time for me. Might have bought it if it were $2.50.
  13. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks for the BT update nicegogly
    will the DUN patch still work after update?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    What BT headset are you using? Anyone with a Scala 500 try it with the update yet? Did it fix the static and the volume issues? I spoke with Cardo and they said it all has to do with the Treo they think.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    first problem noted: i can't perform a backup with backup buddy to my sd card. it was working immediately before the update and now says "system backup failed. there is not enough space left on the volume. (0x2aof) i know that is not the case. i only have one other back up on a 128 meg card. darn it.
    No dice, Kash.
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    will the DUN patch still work after update?
    That's exactly what I'm interested in knowing. I would assume that P1/Sprint would have found a way to disable it's installation as they have disabled the installation of the update if one has a custom ROM.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    do those of us that used Shadowmite's custom rom to use DUN need another custom rom to use DUN? I was using shadowmite's rom#3, I had to reflash back to the original sprint rom, which I got from his site. Just not sure what everyone with shadowmite roms are gonna do if anything.
  20. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Nicegoogly, is there a way to reset the configuration of your BT headset? Which headset are you using anyway?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast