Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I'm still confused - I went to the mytreo site, and saw Kash76's original post over there, but what is the source of this revelation...

And more important, when do we GSM users get ours....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    Hey Otter King... maybe you shoulda taken me up on the big coin bet... It's definately still March!

No offense to Kash, and everybody naturally hopes he's right, but there have been too many false alarms. The text of his post over on myTREO.net sure does sound legit, and I won't bash him. At the very least he's relaying what he believes to be good stuff, and it'll probably turn out to be correct. Remains to be seen just how well they're gonna fix NVFS, and I'll be REALLY curious to see if this here fix makes some of my favorite old third party apps run without crashing.
    Well if it does fix the memory problem, I still get the 50 for Lupus International. I can live with that.

However, let's see if it fixes it to everyone's satisfaction.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Even if it comes out today I for one am going to hold off on pulling the trigger and doing the update. I for one of many have a custom ROM allready on my 650. Smart money is going to wait at least a day or two for the inevitable whinning that the patch didnt fix this, the patch didnt fix that, and the patch did this to my treo to provide one with the infomation need to make an informed decision.

RJ
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    It is sorta telling that he got one postive response on MTDN and multiple negative (or at least skeptical) responses here on TC. This is a pretty tough board if you ask me. You did ask, right? I thought so...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    How many times does the phrase "It is only a phone" have to be stated people.....

Now all hit your reset buttons and breathe.....
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    EDIT**************

Why don't you go to this site to read the post

http://mytreo.net/forum?topic=9063.0

I am tired of the negative posts on this forum, I posted less than 5 minutes ago and already am getting hammered on. I'm done with TreoCentral forums. Good luck to you...
    Regardless of if this happens nor not, this forum has gotten a lot more nasty recently. I don't care if someone disagrees but lots of personal attacks and just general obnoxious behavior. I've definately been visiting less and less.
    ....and we've all missed you dearly. Please come back!
    for the record that was a joke...
  9. JJL
    FYI, this is the e-mail I got today from the PalmOne help forums, in response to a post I made about a month ago regarding a firmware update.

Treo 650 ROM update
    -- Just found out ROM update 1.08 should be released sometime 22-MAR-05 (today)
    - Overall voice quality improvements, including fix for voice 'choppiness' some Sprint PCS customers experienced
    - Internal setting modification to allow correct access to Sprint Affiliate roaming partner networks (previously released as Sprint PCS Treo 650 Roaming Patch - see CSB titled '2005.01.24 palmOne CSB: (US) palmOne releases Sprint PCS Treo 650 Roaming Patch')
    - Non-Volatile File System improvements that optimize memory handling and free up more memory
    - TTY (Text Telephone) optimizations and improvements
    - Optimizations for data calls
    - Includes VersaMail 3.0c which provides greater stability and improvements
    - Bluetooth Carkit drivers are now included in ROM
    Device Name: Treo 650 (Sprint) Type of Reply: Partial Answer Desktop Computer Operating System: Windows XP Pro Desktop computer brand and model number: IBM ThinkPad T42P Desktop Personal Information Manager: (Other) Lotus Notes How is your device connected to your computer: Bluetooth Wireless service provider: Sprint PCS Type of help question: Troubleshooting

To respond, you may reply to this email. You may also view the post online by clicking the link above. We hope this information is helpful.
    Sincerely,

The palmOne Help Forums Team
    Thanks for that info!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    wow, you guys are tough... LOL
    we are all in the same boat together here....
    our 650's are brothers..... can't we all just get along.. and get the sprint firmware update
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    i heard from a reliable source that i would also unite the world through sock-puppets and interpretive dance.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    *that was also a joke.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    I would assume new SPCS 650s from P1 will have the new ROM already installed, yes? (I'm ordering tomorrow)
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    I would assume new SPCS 650s from P1 will have the new ROM already installed, yes? (I'm ordering tomorrow)
    Probably not, the one you get is probably sitting on the shelf somewhere waiting for you to buy it. It was probably made a while ago.
    Some people just seem to deserve been slapped right and left. We need to get more smilies at TreoCentral.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Some people just seem to deserve been slapped right and left. We need to get more smilies at TreoCentral.

Al

http://www.thomasfamilywinery.us/Hal...;t%20smile.JPG
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Gawd!

That should have been in the "Frightening Away New Users" thread

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    WTF...I almost fell off my chair... That is some ugly dude right there.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    WTF...I almost fell off my chair... That is some ugly dude right there.

Al
    I bring you a smilie, and this is the thanx i get...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast