Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    thx for the info 02flhrci
    Just updated my phone, the update seems to be working good, I will be testing it more later.
    When does the GSM update come out?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Kash76:

I hereby eat the crow, feathers and all (feet first no less). For what it's worth, I'd have never thought Palm could deliver this within 6 months of the original release of the Sprint Treo 650.

Can you throw us a crumb about the fate of us poor Cingular users?

Like I said, no grudges. I don't know the Cingular PalmOne rep. I will try to find out.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    my update is not starting automatically after the initial hotsync .. and i had over 18MB free. What do I do??
    Did you have to do multiple hotsyncs to get it over?
    No, I have not done multiple hotsyncs .. should I?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    When doing the second hot sync (after it's installed), do I change the Backup conduit to "Restore" or do I leave it at "Backup" ?
    uh oh...what happens if I forget to shut off the phone and do a soft reset?
    hmmm...looks like everything is still okay. I have 17Mb free now! woohoo!!
    Man, it's 11:26pm right now and just now I find out about the 1.08 update!! Haha!!

Well, everyone here seems happy so I think it's time to do the update myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    read my instructions.

1.backup
    2.hard reset
    3.run updater with a new user name (insall)
    4.restore under old user name
    In this whole thread, this is the reference I remembered and came back to when I installed the Update.

Thanks Kash and Dutch!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Well. I did the update. It wasn't completely perfect- My hotsync froze, but I managed to get back my Treo ALMOST like it was. I lost some minor data. I also had a problem with Teal Backup. It repeatedly crashes about 20% into the backup.

One good point- I was having a problem where my ring tone refused to be anything but the first tone in the list. This has now changed, and I am able to use my ringers again.

Also, I started with about 5 megs free and now after backing up I show some 13 megs. Wow. Did they actually acoomplish a memory fix? Im impressed. With 120+ programs, I'm going to have a hard time finding something to fill it up with so I can complain again.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    Wow. Did they actually acoomplish a memory fix? Im impressed. With 120+ programs, I'm going to have a hard time finding something to fill it up with so I can complain again.

"The update improves the memory management by reducing the overhead of storing database records in the file system. It does so by compacting more than one record into a single 512 byte block. In effect, each 512 block is divided into 16 32 byte subblocks, which allows small and large records to be stored more efficiently."

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/572-1.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    read my instructions.

1.backup
    2.hard reset
    3.run updater with a new user name (insall)
    4.restore under old user name
    I second that motion, GreekyMom.

Thank you, Kash and Dutchtrumpet!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910