1.    #1  
    Nice of PalmOne to attempt to guide people in transferring data from their 600 to their 650, but I think they've done a pretty crappy job. What I have seen is the steps they outline here:
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(14403)

One critical step that PalmOne skips, which is non-obvious to a lot of users, is how to get the data out of our 600 and onto our desktop. I do not hotsync my 600 so I'm not so comfortable with the process.

I have all the software installed for hotsyncing, and I know how to initiate a hotsync, but I DO NOT WANT TO SYNCHRONIZE MY 600 OR 650 WITH OUTLOOK! Before I hotsync my 600 (to get all the data onto my computer) what steps do I need to take to prevent any data modification or synchronization with Outlook from taking place?

Likewise, when I hotsync my new 650 how do I ensure that only data from the 600 is copied over and that there is no new data synchronization with outlook?

Bottom line is that I want to get the data from my 600 copied to my 650 AS IS without any interference from Outlook (nor do I want my Treos to alter anything in Outlook). Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho
    Bottom line is that I want to get the data from my 600 copied to my 650 AS IS without any interference from Outlook (nor do I want my Treos to alter anything in Outlook).
    What do you sync the 600 to now? If it's not Outlook, you can still use the Palm Desktop for the PIM data.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I just beamed my groups of contacts over from my 600 to my 650. If you beam the entire group, it goes pretty fast. I did the same thing with my memos. I'm not sure how you'd move your calendar over that way though. I use palm desktop and just backed my calendar up to a file, then imported it into the new palm desktop software and synced.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    What do you sync the 600 to now? If it's not Outlook, you can still use the Palm Desktop for the PIM data.
    I don't sync my Palm. I did it once to load it with all the phone numbers that were in my Sanyo (that was an ordeal).I have not synced since; I manually update phone numbers in the address book and I use Business Connection to access anything else I need to get to in Outlook.

Business Connection is my killer app. I can access most everything in Outlook (plus other computer files) without having to sync. Now I'm looking for a way to get my data from the 600 to the 650 while bypassing Outlook.

If I use Palm Desktop will that transfer the data from one device to the other without involving Outlook? What about other data like Memo Pad application or To Do List?
    I transfered my memos with the ir port, just send over the category and name it when it comes through. you should already have the memo program itself on your 650. if you need to move any programs, hit the home button on the 600 and then the menu button and you can beam most programs.