1.    #1  
    I bought the Treo 650 with the Cingular service but now I am in Hong Kong and want to use local "sim card", and found that it can not be used. Anyone know of how to unlocked the sim card, is there any software that I can buy to do that?? Please advise!!
    you have to call cingular and tell them your story. Hopefully they'll have mercy on you and send you your unlock code immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy
    Has anyone tried this? Does it work?
    ive did and it said it was unlocked, but i dont have any other providers sim to check.
    ive did and it said it was unlocked, but i dont have any other providers sim to check.
    Did you personally get it from tech support because I know that each phone is supposed to have a unique unlock code
  6. paw
    I used the # on the link above and got this message. "The SIM lock has been removed on the phone"

Does that mean its unlocked?

I have the cingular model.

SEE PIC BELOW
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by paw; 03/22/2005 at 07:45 PM.
  7. paw
    Is there a way to check to see your phone is unlocked from the software on the phone? Or can you only check by SIM card swap?
    Quote Originally Posted by paw
    Is there a way to check to see your phone is unlocked from the software on the phone? Or can you only check by SIM card swap?
    I believe that it is not the subsidy unlock code. It just unlocks the SIM card
    what would a unlock sim do?
  10.    #11  
    I just tried the method, it said it unlocked the SIM Card, but it is still not work with the local SIM card.

Jack
    This is 100% bogus.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  12.    #13  
    I think so. It does not unlocked the phone for use with worldwide SIM cards for sure!!!