Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just bought my 650 last week. It will not transfer anything from my outlook calendar when doing a hotsync. The calendar is the only thing from outlook that doesn't sync, everything else works fine. When you go into the Hotsync conduit custom settings and change calendar(Outlook) to Desktop overwrites handheld or Synchronize the files and then do a Hotsync, nothing transfers. Then when you go back to the conduit settings, and calendar(Outlook) is set to Do nothing. It doesn't matter whether you click on default or not, still does't work and reverts back to Do nothing. I've spent about 3 1/2 hours on the phone with a PalmOne tech over the last few days and he's come up with no solution as yet. He's supposed to do more research and call me back on Wednesday. He admits that it's a problem they are having but so far he can't fix mine. Any help from anyone here would be much appreciated.
    I had the same problem but it occurred after about two months of no problem use. The log showed several errors. After trying all the fixes in P1 knowledge base I finally ended up installing Chapura Pocket mirror Pro. Works fine now. $50 later.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am sure the have told you a ton of things to do in indian/english accents. I have you tried deleting all the conduits and reinstalling them? maybe that is a stupid question, but that happened to me once and it worked for me. Let me know I am sure with all of the collective knowledge on this site we can figure something out.

BenJoe
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Glad I'm not the only one having problems understanding what the techs are saying, although I have to admit they're super nice. Yes we've reloaded software a few times and reset everything in the palmone programs and outlook a gazillion times. One of the things he's looking into is why I don't have Pocket Mirror on my computer. If I'm understanding him correctly he says it should have installed with the PalmOne CD.
    This problem is VERY frustrating...after two frustrating weeks of working with CHAPURA support, and $50 later, Pocket Mirror Pro never did work properly. I suspect that it is not really PM with the problem...but I finally removed EVERYTHING and started over (Palm Desktop, Outlook Conduits from Palm website)... I ignored installing Chapura and I finally got this to work...IF, I turn off the radio when syncing (another thread suggested the radio keeps the calendar "open" and caused database corruption - which using dbscan, I can confirm was also happening) I can now v-e-r-y c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y sync with Outlook 2003 and Treo 650...this is the most important capability that I miss from my T600.
    Charliec
    Another reason the calendar will turn off after every sync is if there is a Microsoft Exchange Active sync account (EAS) set up in VersaMail. Since EAS is a groupware solution the calendar is NOT allowed to sync during the HotSync process.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Well I don't know what I did but out of the blue I tried to sync my 650 yesterday morning and it worked. It loaded all of my calendar info perfectly. Only thing now when I click on the Contacts button below the key pad it jumps to Key Contacts, not my regular Contacts list. Glad my calendar is working now but this thing is driving my crazy. PalmOne was supposed to call me back 3 days ago to work out the sync problem, but I never heard from them.
    Since Key Contacts did NOT come with your 650 how is this a palmOne problem. Seems that you should be looking to Chapurra for an answer here, or am I completely off base?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Your absolutely right. I admit a lot off my problem is "nut behind the wheel trouble". I love the 650, just trying to figure it out.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am having a problem as well i get these error messages:

HotSync operation started on 03/28/05 11:05:26

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:0D-004E
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed

OLERR:08-0001
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\HandSpring\Lightj\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup
    With regards to the people with calendar syncing problems, disabling the "Show Calendar Event" option in the Phone app will fix your problem (for $50 less than Chapura). I had this problem before and disabled this option. Never had the problem since, although I miss seeing my next event in the phone app. I've put up a request to the programmers to come up with a hack but no one has obliged. This bug seems to have something to do with the Phone app keeping the calendar DB open and thereby corrupting it so that Hotsync does not work properly.

By the way, after disabling the option you need to delete the calendar DB and have "Desktop overwrite handheld" selected in Hotsync manager.
    Acoustic: After you do the procedure you mentioned, then sync as normal works? Do you find you have to turn radio off to make sure calendar is not held open. I am doing just about everything listed in all the forums to stop the calendar DB corruption - it has stopped, and I canned Chapura, but I was not sure if it was radio on, "show calendar event" or the network time being set to on. Now I have the network time hack turned on, turn my radio off and always keep "show calendar event" off....can radio off step be eliminated as cause?

THANKS
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944
    I am having a problem as well i get these error messages:

HotSync operation started on 03/28/05 11:05:26

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    Outlook Tasks
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed

OLERR:08-0001
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    - Not Synchronized

OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\HandSpring\Lightj\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

There is an Outlook patch on PalmOne ... you might want to try.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...daterv102.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1799
    There is an Outlook patch on PalmOne ... you might want to try.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...daterv102.html
    The above patch does not fix this problem (or any that I'm aware of)
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    Acoustic: After you do the procedure you mentioned, then sync as normal works? Do you find you have to turn radio off to make sure calendar is not held open. I am doing just about everything listed in all the forums to stop the calendar DB corruption - it has stopped, and I canned Chapura, but I was not sure if it was radio on, "show calendar event" or the network time being set to on. Now I have the network time hack turned on, turn my radio off and always keep "show calendar event" off....can radio off step be eliminated as cause?

THANKS
    I've done this procedure a few times without regard to network time (I've always used it without any problems) or radio status. I wonder if the network time hack will fix this problem with "Show Calendar Event". Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    With regards to the people with calendar syncing problems, disabling the "Show Calendar Event" option in the Phone app will fix your problem (for $50 less than Chapura). I had this problem before and disabled this option. Never had the problem since, although I miss seeing my next event in the phone app. I've put up a request to the programmers to come up with a hack but no one has obliged. This bug seems to have something to do with the Phone app keeping the calendar DB open and thereby corrupting it so that Hotsync does not work properly.

By the way, after disabling the option you need to delete the calendar DB and have "Desktop overwrite handheld" selected in Hotsync manager.
    In my case, I was receiving a 0x00004004 error in my sync logs from Chapura. I disabled the "Show Calendar Event", and reset my phone. I was then able to sync. I was then able to enable "Show Calendar Event", and I'm still able to sync. Weird.

I switched to Chapura because I was receiving all sorts of sync errors with the regular palm conduit.
    How do you "delete the calendar database"? It does not show up on the list when I go to delete. And I do not have "show calendar event" checked.
    Thanks in advance.
    This is what I did to correct the failed attempts to synch with Outlook Calendar.

1. Turn off phone.
    2. De-Select "Show Calendar event" from the Phone Application Options Menu
    3. Perform a System Rest. FOLLOW ALL of the steps in the user manual (first system reset then soft reset).
    4. Leaving Phone Off, Perform a Hot Synch.

This worked for me. I hope it helps someone else.
    Upgraded from 600 which sync-ed up just fine.
    Loaded 650 software and first sync produced endless loop.

All resets completed, after hard reset, removed all backup files and reloaded software.

So here it is, everything syncs up spendidly (contacts, mail) except Outlook Calendar with the floowing error message.

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0010
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    - Recovery Sync

Help please!
    I started receiving "OLERR", "Recovery Sync" one morning, after my sync refused to work and I had to reinstall the desktop manager.

After 3 hours of applying the conduit updates and searching forums, I did a hard reset and sync again. Life was back to normal since then.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast