Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 62 of 62
  1. #61  
    OLERR error when synchronising Palm

    After a fresh installation of Windows XP found that was receiving the following error in the Hotsync log;

    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:0D-004E
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

    Also found that synchronising with Palm desktop would get stuck while synchronising the contacts.

    OS Windows XP home

    Palm Treo 650 with Palm desktop 4.1.4 synchronising with Outlook 2003.

    FIX

    1. Uninstalled Office 2003.
    2. Rebooted. NB This is a very important step.
    3. Reinstalled Office 2003.
    4. Ran Hotsync which now showed no errors but didn't synchronise either.
    5. Inserted the Palm cd and changed to using the Palm Desktop conduits.
    6. Ran Hotsync again. Hotsync would no longer get stuck at contacts.
    7. Inserted the Palm cd and changed to using Outlook conduits.
    8. Ran Hotsync again which again showed no errors but still didn't synchronise.
    9. Right clicked on the Hotsync icon in the system tray at the lower right of the screen and selected custom.
    10. Double-clicked on Contacts (Outlook) and changed the Hotsync settings to Handheld overwrites Desktop. Did not tick the box [Set as default]. This is safe because we backed up the Palm to Palm desktop during the last Hotsync.
    11. Ran Hotsync again and observed that the new entries in the Palm calendar now appeared in the Outlook calendar.
    12. Ran Hotsync again, which has now reverted to[synchronise the files] and observed that synchronisation is now working properly without errors.

    Regards
    Michael Barr
    www.solvedit.com.au
  2. #62  
    Only took three months to resolve my problem.

    Initial problem is that Outlook Calendar synchronization failed. Here is a copy of the log entries indicating failure:

    OK Quick Install
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:0D-0048
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

    OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts


    Turns out I had a corrupt database on my palm phone (Treo 700p). I loaded an applicaton that fixed my database called dBScan v2.0b. You can find this program at this link http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-748.html?dbScan or at http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm.

    I would select my current database. It then reports the number of records found. The first several times I tried to "Start Scan" it caused my Treo to reset. But it was also reporting that I had 7 Deleted records found. So I chose the option to "Remove all deleted records" and after that it would run fine. It also found that several records that had "Repeat On field in some repeat events not Null" but it said that was OK and typically was caused by some "third-party" apps.

    So the only thing that I did was to use dBScan to remove the 7 deleted records, and then tried the HotSync and now it works!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions