Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    If you don't have the preferences set to synch if Outlook is NOT open, you will get an error message....have outlook open, THEN synch...

That fixed some of my problem, but like you I get the same error message but with my Memo data.

Something weird is going on here....I think there must be a simple fix for this
    Colo650guy,

The 0D-004E error message is because a library was not loaded. You should try to reinstall the palm desktop. That should do it.
    treo650guy,

The 09-0013 error is something to do with formatting Outlook data to the handheld record format. Did you create any new categories or do anything wierd with the memo data (like a huge note or something?)
    I fixed that by deleting my calendar and contacts database files on my Treo and then did a sync with desktop overriding handheld.
    I have a MAJOR problem with Hotsyncing:

OLERR:02-0015
    The connection with the handheld was lost.
    OLERR:0D-0004

AND

Conduit 'HotSync Exchange' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    HotSync Error: Unknown error.

Then I get a soft reset. This is only when trying to sync Outlook. It seems to go through the calendar fine but once it hits the end of Contacts. RESET!!!! I tried uninstalling the desktop software and installing the Palm conduit patch.

Any ideas guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by dang
    treo650guy,

The 09-0013 error is something to do with formatting Outlook data to the handheld record format. Did you create any new categories or do anything wierd with the memo data (like a huge note or something?)
    I don't know that I have any memos actually, and I've tried setting it so handheld overwrites desktop since my calendar entries and contacts and all are on my Treo and I want them synced onto my desktop. I've been told there may be a problem with my calendar and/or contacts databases and I should sync to desktop first and then clear them from the Treo and then sync back with the desktop overwriting the Treo but I can't even get them to sync onto my desktop. I have Outlook (and I tried syncing with Outlook open and with Outlook closed).
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    I have a MAJOR problem with Hotsyncing:

OLERR:02-0015
    OLERR:0D-0004

AND

Conduit 'HotSync Exchange' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    HotSync Error: Unknown error.

Then I get a soft reset. This is only when trying to sync Outlook. It seems to go through the calendar fine but once it hits the end of Contacts. RESET!!!! I tried uninstalling the desktop software and installing the Palm conduit patch.

Any ideas guys?
    Same exact issue here...when hot sync hits my Outlook Contacts, it resets. Can't figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    It causes my Treo 650 to soft reset every time after just trying to sync contacts and calendar (it looks like it synced my contacts but not my calendar) and the error cod ## 377 on the phone says the reset was :
    VFSDBCache.c,
    Line:4051, unattached record
    I'm getting the exact same error when trying to sync my Contacts. Calendar is working fine. I can't figure out what it is because I've tried having the Treo overwrite the desktop and vice versa. No success, so I'm guessing it's not a corrupt DB unless it's on both the Treo and the desktop.
    Well, to close the loop on this one, I gave in and did a hard reset. I also cleared out my Versamail folder on my desktop (in the palm or handspring folder in program files) because I noticed some corruption there when I launched the Versamail utility in the palmOne program group (i.e., email accounts listed were different or had incorrect settings than what was on my Treo - there appears to be some hot syncing of Versamail at the account level even if you have it disabled in the hot sync manager).

I reinstalled almost everything from scratch and re-setup my email accounts in versamail. So far everything appears to running smoothly with no more resets and I'm able to hot sync with no problems.

My guess is that for those who updated to 1.08 and used a backup program like backupbuddy to restore their files, they may run into this random reset issue at some point. I'm thinking the restore procedure may not have worked completely well with the new memory management techniques used by 1.08. That's only a guess right now. It's either that, or for some unknown reason files get corrupted over time on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Well, to close the loop on this one, I gave in and did a hard reset. I also cleared out my Versamail folder on my desktop (in the palm or handspring folder in program files) because I noticed some corruption there when I launched the Versamail utility in the palmOne program group (i.e., email accounts listed were different or had incorrect settings than what was on my Treo - there appears to be some hot syncing of Versamail at the account level even if you have it disabled in the hot sync manager).

I reinstalled almost everything from scratch and re-setup my email accounts in versamail. So far everything appears to running smoothly with no more resets and I'm able to hot sync with no problems.

My guess is that for those who updated to 1.08 and used a backup program like backupbuddy to restore their files, they may run into this random reset issue at some point. I'm thinking the restore procedure may not have worked completely well with the new memory management techniques used by 1.08. That's only a guess right now. It's either that, or for some unknown reason files get corrupted over time on the Treo.
    The problem with doing it that way is if you don't have your calendar or contacts loaded properly on Outlook you have to start from scratch if you do a hard reset right?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southbeach
    This is what I did to correct the failed attempts to synch with Outlook Calendar.

1. Turn off phone.
    2. De-Select "Show Calendar event" from the Phone Application Options Menu
    3. Perform a System Rest. FOLLOW ALL of the steps in the user manual (first system reset then soft reset).
    4. Leaving Phone Off, Perform a Hot Synch.

This worked for me. I hope it helps someone else.
    This worked for me...strange
    Exit Outlook
    Click on Start/Run
    In the pop up box key in "outlook.exe /resetfolders"
    Outlook will open
    Sync

This has solved my problem and I am now able to sync my Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes. Best of luck, hope this helps others.
    KFU, the restaurant that gives you the bird!
    I have the same problem. Have now upgraded to Chapura PocketMirror and still can't syncronize with my Calendar. What more is : now i get a soft reset every time Hotsync finishes. Chapura is not the way to go!

Unfortunately I lost all my Outlook data with the first sync error. The data on my Treo is still OK, but I cannot get it back into Outlook.
    Make sure the palm conduits are set to do nothing. When you have both the Palm conduits on and the Chapura conduits on, Palm conduits tries to synch first and never gets to the Chapura conduits.
    Another reason the calendar will turn off after every sync is if there is a Microsoft Exchange Active sync account (EAS) set up in VersaMail. Since EAS is a groupware solution the calendar is NOT allowed to sync during the HotSync process.
    Could anyone tell me if there is a way around the calendar (Do Nothing) setting when hotsyncing if an Exchange Active sync account (EAS) is set up. What I want to do is let EAS synch my calendar from work and then sync at home with outlook on my home PC (effectively sneakernet the calendar data).
    jumphrey
    OK, it's totally not supported and everything from your home will end up in your corporate server and vice versa , could have problems with multiple conduits syncing the same apps, etc, but.....

At home open the registry editor and go to the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\Pilot Desktop\HotSync Manager

and delete the key that has the value EASNotify.dll
    OK, it's totally not supported and everything from your home will end up in your corporate server and vice versa , could have problems with multiple conduits syncing the same apps, etc, but.....

At home open the registry editor and go to the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\Pilot Desktop\HotSync Manager

and delete the key that has the value EASNotify.dll
    Thanks. Actually that is the goal (I just don't want to duplicate appts ...which in synchronize mode has never happened...ok almost never). I basically keep one calendar between home and work and it has always worked out well...of course that was using chapura in the past.
    jumphrey
    I have a cingular 650 and was just starting to get the 'conduits were unable to attache to outlook' OLERR error messages as well.

Went to the plam support site and changed recurring appts so they had an end date (had only one) then did as they suggested:
    restarted pc then ran from the Run command:
    outlook /resetfolders

note there is a single space after the word Outlook and before the forward slash.
    I use the plam sync interface. This fixed my problem. I will also toss this post at another location I was just reading prior to reboot
    Today for no apparent reason I started recieving the following message during a cradled hotsynch from my GSM 650 to outlook 2003 on xp:
    Handheld Notes application database version not supported
    Any ideas? Everything else synchs (Ok not calendar because I am using EAS).
    jumphrey
    This is what my sync errors used to look like:

HotSync operation started for Treo on 11/17/05 23:17:10

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:0B-0004
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:0C-000B (0x0)
    OLERR:0C-0002 (0x0)
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x80004005)
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed

OLERR:08-0001
    -- Backing up CurrentCarrier to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\CurrentCarrier.PDB
    -- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\NetworkDB.PDB
    -- Backing up HSTraceDatabase to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\HSTraceDatabase.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up dbScan to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\dbScan.PRC
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts_.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up Queries to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo\Backup\Queries.PDB
    OK Backup
    HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)

HotSync operation completed on 11/17/05 23:17:36

In addition, I was seeing an error when starting Outlook 2003:
    A runtime error has occurred.
    Do you wish to debug?
    Line: 297
    Error: class not registered.

I did not know if they were related. As a bit of background, I'm running the Troe 650. My computer is Windows XP with MS Office Small Business Edition 2003 installed.

I ran across this Microsoft Help Center FAQ entitled [You receive an "A runtime error has occurred" message when you open the Outlook Today page]:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320763

I followed the two steps:
    1. renamed OUTLWVW.DLL to OUTLWVW.OLD
    2. Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation

Now I no longer have the error in Outlook 2003 when it starts up, and my syncing is working again without issue! Thanks goodness.

I hope this helps out some others. Good luck!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast