Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I think those OLERR errors happen because of a currpt data base on the treo. I had the same problems and they were only only solved after i used files to remove the offending file

back a backup first and give it a try.
    I would agree that th corruption is caused by the treo, but Palm One and Sprint claims it is not their issue as the corruption is cause by microsoft and microsoft's attempts to prevent the palm from synching. I used Office 2002 (I am not a big fan of the new office) and have never had this problem before with any palm or windows based device. I had to invest in Pocket Mirror, too. It was the only thing that worked. On the Palm One site it says that this is a known error and they don't know what causes it and it is currently under investigation. Class action suit anyone?
    Oh heck yeah, sign me up!

After trying everything, including buying PocketMirror, I have still have this to deal with:

Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0010
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Pocket Mirror didn't work? Did you make sure to turn off the palm conduits and leave only the pocket mirror conduits on? Check your configuration. When you leave them both on, they revert back to the palm conduits, which are corrupted. The PalmOne solution was to have me uninstall and re-install 16 times. I am trying to figure out why they didn't stop at number 8, but hey, they're the experts, right?

P.S. I got Sprint to credit me the 30 bucks I spent on Pocket Mirror. Remember, even thought they may not have caused the defect, they sold a defective product. They are responsible for any damges incurred by the defect. Make sure you point out to them, or a supervisor that the PalmOne websites says it is a known error and is currently under investigation and recommends Pocket Mirror. They will tell you it is PalmOne's problem, but they are selling the phones and co-branded the Sprint Treo 650. They are responsible and so is PalmOne.
    Last edited by nicegoogly; 04/06/2005 at 01:05 PM.
    Hmmm... how do I turn off the Palm conduits? From here it looks like Pocket Mirror isn't even installing... oh joy.

I got Sprint to refund me 30 bucks as well, and they gave me the same line about it being Palm's problem, which does not sit well, of course.

When I run the install shield for the PocketMirror, I see an hourglass for a couple of seconds and then it goes away. "Setup.exe" appears in the task manager but nothing is happening. Am I missing something?

Thank for responding and continuing this thread, I hope I can sort this out with your help.
    Hopefully you purchased pocket mirror xt, as that is the version specifically designed for the Treo 650. When you right click your hotsynch icon in the system tray, go to custom, make sure the items that say XT next to them are set for synchronization, and the other Datebook, Contacts etc...are set to do nothing. Everything else remains the same other than your outlook conduits. Do not set your media, vidigo, whatever...for do nothing, only the four outlook conduits.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    Hopefully you purchased pocket mirror xt, as that is the version specifically designed for the Treo 650. When you right click your hotsynch icon in the system tray, go to custom, make sure the items that say XT next to them are set for synchronization, and the other Datebook, Contacts etc...are set to do nothing. Everything else remains the same other than your outlook conduits. Do not set your media, vidigo, whatever...for do nothing, only the four outlook conduits.
    I have not purchased Pocket Mirror XT, but I do use GoSync so I am able to turn on only the conduits I want to use. I set it to only do Outlook and I still get as others have posted. Everything worked fine until I did the 1.08 update.

Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:0D-0048
    - Recovery Sync

All other Outlook items sync just fine. I have disable the diplay appointments, etc. as well as did the system resets.
    Here's how I fixed it...

On one call with Sprint Tech Support, they offered me a credit ($30) to download Chapura Pocket Mirror XT (the only one that works with the 650) and my Calendar now syncs. On another, they gave me a URL to download Pocket Mirror.

In the interest of sanity I would try for one of the above.

I had the same error message and Pocket Mirror fixed the problem!

Hope it works for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by imediasearch
    Here's how I fixed it...

On one call with Sprint Tech Support, they offered me a credit ($30) to download Chapura Pocket Mirror XT (the only one that works with the 650) and my Calendar now syncs.
    Does the Meeting Attendee list and Meeting Organizer information get handled properly by PocketMirror XT?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Just a note of my experience,
    synch went fine for two months.... new windoze update, no more synch
    650 screen would show attempt and then give up, reloaded software, soft resets, different ports on computer, check all the help sites and try differnt things
    turns out cable just died (or partialy, it would charge and try to synch , but would never connect)
    sometimes it is just the simple things
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    With regards to the people with calendar syncing problems, disabling the "Show Calendar Event" option in the Phone app will fix your problem (for $50 less than Chapura). I had this problem before and disabled this option. Never had the problem since, although I miss seeing my next event in the phone app. I've put up a request to the programmers to come up with a hack but no one has obliged. This bug seems to have something to do with the Phone app keeping the calendar DB open and thereby corrupting it so that Hotsync does not work properly.

By the way, after disabling the option you need to delete the calendar DB and have "Desktop overwrite handheld" selected in Hotsync manager.
    Can you please explain how to do this? My calendar synched correctly until yesterday, when the USB stopped recognizing my Treo entirely because no drivers were installed. I finally got the USB working again, but now no calendar updates are being added. Please help!
    Everything seems to work well with PocketMirror XT professional.
    I have had a few hiccups since the first couple of sync's such as database errors and strange errors when I changed cables (???!!??)

I would like to note that unlike "other" help desks and support via eMail, my experience with Chapura has been UNBELIEVABLY pleasent.

Chapura has gotten back to me withing 24 hours and even helped me fix problems that may or may not have had anything to do with Pocket Mirror.

Checking the cable is never a bad idea either ;--)
    A note on the 0D-004E error....

This looks like it's something to do with a library failing to load. Not sure the exact fix, but re-installing the palm desktop should do it.
    Hi all,

I know it's not my Treo and not my cable, because I got a replacement Treo and cable last night from the store, and it's the exact same story. I synched, but it put on data current only to 4/13 and nothing I added yesterday.

Can anyone post steps for how to fix this problem? I downloaded the Palm patch someone posted and it didn't help.

Where do I get the Pocket Mirror and does Cingular give credit for this purchase? Thanks!
    My problem is I can sync Outlook Calendar, Tasks and Notes, but not my CONTACTS. I have tried everything (short of purchasing PocketMirror). I'm annoyed that PALM doesn't take responsibility for this issue.

Has anyone else been able to sync everything but CONTACTS? If so, have you been able to fix it?
    Well, if you tried everything CONTACTS would by syncing by now..... What does the HotSync log say? Have you tried hard resetting the device and syncing then?
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944
    I am having a problem as well i get these error messages:

HotSync operation started on 03/28/05 11:05:26

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:0D-004E
    OLERR:0D-0003
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed

OLERR:08-0001
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    - Not Synchronized

Outlook Contacts
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\HandSpring\Lightj\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

Have you had any success resolving the OLERR errors with Outlook? All the knowledge base info I have found focuses exclusively on OLERR errors synching the Outlook Calendar, whereas, like you, I'm getting these errors with all Outlook conduits. So far I've tried:

- Reinstalling the desktop software
    - Installing new conduits from the Palmone Website
    - Fixes from the Palmone website for OLERR errors in calendar
    - Turning off synchronization for the calendar, tasks, and notes,
    leaving only the conduit for Contacts active--same error.

The problem seems to be bigger than just synchronizing the calendar but I'm not seeing posts on OLERR errors for other Outlook applications.
    Light3944:

Do you know what steps you took before you got those sync errors? Any additional info about your Outlook data would be helpful as well. Were you ever able to solve the problem? If so, how?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I had the same situation. After much trial and error I finally bit the bullet and uninstalled all the palm software on my pc, as well as Outlook, and I hard reset my Treo. I then re-installed Outlook, then palm, then restored treo from my backup folder on my sd card. All is well now. Note: It did not work in previous attempts because I wouldn't uninstall Outlook. as soon as I added that step, it worked.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    OK. After trying to Hot Sync and then giving up for months I tried again today and this is the error I keep getting in my log:
    Quick Install - Sync configured to Do Nothing.
    OK VersaMail
    Outlook Tasks
    - HH overwrite Desktop Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    OLERR:09-0013
    OLERR:09-000F
    OLERR:0D-000C
    OLERR:0D-0044
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed

OLERR:08-0001
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:0D-000C
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:05-0004

Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:02-0015
    The connection with the handheld was lost.
    The connection with the handheld was lost.
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)

HotSync operation completed on 04/21/05 00:39:25

It causes my Treo 650 to soft reset every time after just trying to sync contacts and calendar (it looks like it synced my contacts but not my calendar) and the error cod ## 377 on the phone says the reset was :
    VFSDBCache.c,
    Line:4051, unattached record

If there are problems in my contacts and calendar databases on my Treo I can't clean them with dbscan (as some have suggested) because it keeps causing a soft reset also! Help...please...ugh!

I'm using a Windows XT computer (and I have Outlook 2003). I'm using the Palm Desktop and did the conduit updater from the PalmOne site.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast