1.    #1  
    ok for about 3 weeks we were golden-- i am a long term treo 600 user (although a lot of the 600s had a buzzing sound and my family always complained that they couldn't hear me). now i have had my 650 for about 3 weeks and all of a sudden for no apparent reason that i could find the 650 suddenly began cycling through reset all the time. It would not hard reset or even zero hard reset. Any ideas anyone? I will be back at cingular tomorrow but wondered if others had this problem or if its just me. I actually have to take the battery out to get the phone to stop cycling. It also cycles iw/o battery if plugged in. I miss my treo so much, but maybe i am too dumb to own one. :-(

Jacky
    The same just happened to my Sprint 650... no matter how hard I tried to hard reset it, it just wouldn't budge. I took it to the Sprint store and a tech looked at it for a couple of hours. When I went back to pick it up, they gave me a new one.

Did yours start its reset cycle right after (or during) a hotsync? Mine did. All I had done was installing a piece of software. I won't do that again! I only have 5MB left so I can install much more or I keep getting out of memory errors when backing up or in the web browser.

Now, each time I hotsync, I look at it with my fingers crossed. It's just a nightmare for me to switch phones because each time, my company has to update my ESN on their GoodLink server and they require me to fill out a form which doesn't work... then I have to spend hours with the helpdesk to convince them to change the ESN.

Well, good luck... it sounds like you will be going to the store!
    Did you try a hard reset, then hotsync? From another forum:

"Treo hard reset

hold down the red phone button (power / hang up button) while hitting the reset hole. hold down that button until shortly after you see the "palm powered" logo. when you release, it will ask you if you want to erase all data"
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Guys, when looping resets, try a 'System' reset, or Warm Reset. Using this method you can isolate startup of your RAM applications, and are able to remove the offending application you loaded. Instructions are in the manual. Will save you the journey to the store.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    If you cannot put up with small details then you do not deserve integration. Continuous resets is actually a feature as shown in PalmOne's website. Don't be a girlie man. Continuous resets makes you appreciate the device before it started with the resets. It is a small price to pay for integration. This is a great device, and putting it down for small annoyances is not what PalmOne wants us to do. I think the 650 is perfecreset.. reset... reset.... reset...... reset...........
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    Guys, when looping resets, try a 'System' reset, or Warm Reset. Using this method you can isolate startup of your RAM applications, and are able to remove the offending application you loaded. Instructions are in the manual. Will save you the journey to the store.
    A "system reset"? Well. I had no clue this existed but I did find it in the manual page 233.

Not sure if it would have worked on mine but it sounds like it... and would have saved me a 2 days without my contacts etc.

So, we have "soft resets", "system resets", and "hard resets".

Jacky, let us know if that works!
    how do u uninstall apps from the cell phone itself? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chita79
    how do u uninstall apps from the cell phone itself? thanks
    If your Treo is running normally, using an uninstall program is the cleanest way as it will delete all files associated with the application. If you don't have an unstall program, you can just delete the .prc file and any other files you know are related to the program.
    agreed
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com