1.    #1  
    Here's the problem, I want to be able to use the visor to check the date/time... I want to assign one of my applications to BigClock, but I don't want to get rid of any of the applications I currently have assigned to the buttons. Is there any hack that will pop up other applications if the buttons are pressed in combination or sequence?

Right now if I want to check the time I have to turn on, hit the home button, then find bigclock and launch it, or press the bottom corner of launcher III window to make it display the date or time. This is way too many steps just to look at the time!

Thanks!
    I've got a BVD with a Stowaway keyboard
    Visors kick A$$!!!!!!
    You might want to take a look at PopUp Favorites. With a single stroke you can popup a user defined list of applications to launch - also has the option of displaying most used or last used apps.

http://www.benc.hr/popfavor.htm
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the link, I myself use a very similer program called watch-ya (it's free too) but this doesn't really solve my problem,

I want to be able to see the date time without having to pull out the stylus and navigate menus... I just want to press a key and have it pop up....

Thanks!
    I've got a BVD with a Stowaway keyboard
    Visors kick A$$!!!!!!
    Although it's listed on this site as an 'incompatible' software title, i use PhlegmHack (i love that name) and I haven't had any problems with it for the past month or so.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    PopUpTime is a hack that can be set to display the time for a second or so each time you turn on the Visor. It can also be set to popup at a double tap, etc.
    Apphack 1.01 lets multiple button presses launch apps. For instance, memo + date would launch bigclock. It is programmable. $5.00.

AltCtrlHack Pro 2.2 and Power Launch 1.4 are two others that use button combinations, etc.
    I run ChronoHack and have the stroke defined as a line from the calc button to the find button, and use the back of my fingernail to swipe up the time...

If you're gonna be pushing two buttons, one button (power) and a swipe are pretty easy - and free.

also shows a battery percentage.
    i just loaded up PopUpFreeTime Hack. WOW! this hack alone will make my visor that much better to use!!

http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...9-palm-pc.html

Just thought i'd share my finding (it's an older hack that i didn't find until now)

I recommend this. and it's working fine with my other hacks so far so let's hope there are no incompatability problems.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    i second chronohack...

there are also a number od DA' sthat do this kind of stuff... if yu don't know about DA's (desk accessories) you should find out about them... do a search at palmgear, and watch the functionality of your visor explode!

a hint: they do a lot of stuff hacks do, but they're not hacks, so they're a whole lot more stable. basically they're mini-apps that run while you're currently running a bigger app.
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    call me stupid, but why do DA apps list DALauncher AND Hackmaster as required?

Can i run DA apps with HackMaster? Do i need both? Explain.

(doesn't that look like a high school essay question? )

Next question, have you ever used LinkDragon 1.1?

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...50&prodID=3674
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    call me stupid, but why do DA apps list DALauncher AND Hackmaster as required?

Can i run DA apps with HackMaster? Do i need both? Explain.

(doesn't that look like a high school essay question? )

Next question, have you ever used LinkDragon 1.1?

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...50&prodID=3674

DA's need a DA launcher (there are a number of them out there to run -- an example of a DA that you already have on your visor is the grfitti cheat sheet that pops up when you swipe from the silkscreen to the top of the screen. -- the swipe 'reader' is the internal DA launcher.) DA launcher needs hackmaster to run. it's not transitive, so, no you can't run DA's directly from hackmaster.

i use app/da launcher (available at palmgear), which itself, by splitting the house on your silkscreen into four corners, will take you to your launcher, takes the place of switchhack (or phlegmhack, i guess, tho' i don't have experience w/that one) plus it keeps a list of the last 10 apps you've used, and a list of all your DA's... (mine follow, in order of usage: )

i have bookmark DA (which keeps a list of apps of your choosing that you've run out of visor buttons to remap to), it pops up a list you highlight where to go and it takes you there... also, it will add to the list a particular memo, say, or record in a DB.

phone lookup DA, does just that, while in any app.

netconnect DA, same thing.

volume DA which deals with volume for all 3 system sound apparati.

flickerfix DA, which is really great for album to go, where i've been having incredible problems with the greyscale flickering

RAM DA which pops up your current ram stats

and a new one, clockup DA, which clocks up the system, but gives a bigger battery drain.

so, i haven't used link dargon. i remember looking at it and finding that it couldn't do what i needed it to do, but i don't remember exactly why. maybe i'll look at it again.

exit, pursued by a bear.
    this wasn't why then, but it is now...

having just looked at link dragon, i notice you need swipe to run it. swipe was a very buggy da launcher that isn't even marketed anymore because it's so damn buggy (at least as of about 3 months ago, or so.)... i used to use it and had a few problems, then i had a hard reset issue (not swipe-related) and it wasn't backed up, so i had to find it to re-install, and a search of palmgear, and a number of other sites, turned up nothing. finally i found some other da and on it's webpage, the author suggested app/da launcher because swipe was bad, and i realized that's why you couldn't even get it any more. that said, it is bundled with link dragon, but since i'm happy without it (or thought i would be back then, anyway) i'm not gonna try.

you up for it, hoser?
    exit, pursued by a bear.
  13. Ash
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I use TealLaunch for that sort of thing. You can map single presses of the application buttons to apps, and you can also map press-and-hold presses of the application buttons to different apps.

It can also map button combinations and swipes between soft buttons.

You can also have it launch a floating window application list with a tap on the calc button (or whatever other button you want). It also works well with TealTools giving you an easy to launch calculator that doesn't take you out of the current application. TealTools also has a popup time module which might give you the functionality you're looking for.

You can find TealLaunch at:
    http://www.tealpoint.com/softlnch.htm

You can find TealTools at:
    http://www.tealpoint.com/softtool.htm

Both are pretty reasonable shareware (they provide full functionality without paying, but there is a little nagging).
    Originally posted by matty

you up for it, hoser?

not up for LinkDragon!!

but some of those other DA apps sound interesting. I"m currently using PhlegmHack (i LOVE that name!) which essentially has the switchhack feature (go back to last app you used) plus has a popup list of recent apps you used (you can specify certain apps to ignore or always have on the list).

However, bookmarkDA, phonelookupDA, and ESCPECIALLY NetconnectDA sound interesting. I like the idea of bookmarking a specific memo or item in a DB. and the netconnectDA sounds great. One thing that bothers me about using my modem:

click on prefs (or in my case top left corner for Silverscreen menu to get to prefs)

make sure you're set up for the right network to dial into

use phlegmhack and go to proximail

click get mail

it dials

gets my mail

phlegm hack back to prefs to disconnect.

so it has a few steps...

hmmm...i'm going on vacation tomorrow. I don't feel like fiddling with my visor right now as it's working well. (knock on wood! (3 times))

Maybe i'll try these DA thingamabobbers when in get back.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    You'll want either TealLaunch, or CO-LAUNCHER.

I tried both and settled on Co-Launcher. With it, you can even keep the apps on the app buttons and assign Big Clock to a two-combination hit. Three buttons are also possible.
    I use mostly 3 button combinations, and "categorize" apps, so that the 2nd button pressed will lead me to apps in the same category. Don't ask me what the built-in launcher looks like, since I literally haven't seen it in months. The "Home" soft button is configured as a DALauncher anyway. Only prob is that when my wife needs a number and finds my Visor instead of hers, none of the soft or hard buttons work like they're supposed too.

Here's how I configured mine: (the app buttons are numbered 1,2,3,4 from left to right, and up and down)

2 is reassigned to co-launcher, meaning whatever app I launch with co-launcher turns the Visor on.
    4 I assigned to I-Silo.

("2" being Co-Launcher will always be firs, of course)
    I hit: to get:
    2,2 Addressbook (Although Co-launch took the place of the normall address book, I can still beam my card by hitting 2, and holding 2.
    2,4 Memo

2,1,? I use "1" and another button for my GRAPHIC apps
    2,1,1 FireViewer
    2,1,2 TealPaint
    2,1,up Planetarium (Up, like up in the sky)
    2,1,down CityZen (Down, like down to earth)
    2,1,3 Accu4Pilot (helps me better see where my NiMHs are)
    2,1,4 CityTime

2,up,? UTILITY apps
    2,up,1 DBExplorer
    2,up,2 PZ
    2,up,up Backlight toggle (have a Rhodiana and the on-off switch is not so accessible)
    2,up,down Hackmaster
    2,up,3 Handwrite3 (ok, a graphic app, but it's there)
    2,up,4 Strip (128-bit encrypted password storage)

2,down,* GAMES!
    2,down,1 Chess
    2,down,2 Abalogna
    2,down,up MissileCommander clone
    2,down,down "app du jour" I try out new apps a lot and put them here, it's now "Metro"
    2,down,3 Chinese Chess
    2,down,4 Pool

2,3,? TEXT or TEXT-INTERFACE apps
    2,3,1 QED
    2,3,2 SingleHander (I'm a no stylus-freak: I hit these to get the SingleHander addressbook interface, and then tap out in MorseCode with the Memo button and up/down keys a last name)
    2,3,up BrainForest
    2,3,down BDicty (I live in europe, got three lang. dicts here)
    2,3,3 MobileDB
    2,3,4 ThinkDB

Freaky, huh? Seems complicated, but for me, it's really the Zen of Palm, with three quick touches, I get what I want. No waiting for the Launcher to draw the icons and no flipping through categories.

Oh, nearly forgot. I have about a billion DAs as well (with TealLaunch you can configure these to hard buttons as well) but mine are easy to do with the thumb: TealClockDA, a stroke from the Calc to the Find button, or Phone Lookup DA, bottom left quarter of the find button.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    In my zeal I forgot to mention that Co-Launcher isn't a hack, so you don't have to worry about conflicts, patching traps (TrapWeaver takes this worry away, though), speed or stability.