1.    #1  
    I just started having a problem with my phone. When I hang up either with the "hang up" button on the screen or the red phone button my phone goes crazy selecting different peopls/things from my favorite buttons. I only hit the hang up button once but the phone acts like I've hit select a bunch of times. If I hit the home button right away it will cycle through the Zlauncher tabs. I just installed the firmware update but I think this was going on before that. Has anyone had this problem? I searched but couldn't find anything about this.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    If you installed a screen protector, sometimes that can mess with it. (if you put it on with too much pressure).
    Mine was kinda asking like that last week. I did a reset and it fixed the problem.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Yes- good call darjay.

That happen to me w/ the 600. I was so confused why stuf was just "happening" with no pattern to speak of. I felt quite silly when I realized it was the screen protector.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the advise about the screen protectors. However it wasn't the problem. I figured out it was BTmute. I had it set to "Alternative Method" I don't know if it was delayed because TreoGuard disables the buttons during the call or because the screen is set to go off but as soon as I hung up from a call it would try to activate the mute using the 5-way buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxjmpr
    Thanks for the advise about the screen protectors. However it wasn't the problem. I figured out it was BTmute. I had it set to "Alternative Method" I don't know if it was delayed because TreoGuard disables the buttons during the call or because the screen is set to go off but as soon as I hung up from a call it would try to activate the mute using the 5-way buttons.
    TreoGuard delays all alarms if you have the 'Disable alarms during calls' checkbox selected. My guess is that BTMute is using an alarm to schedule the mute activation. Since alarms are delayed by TreoGuard, BTMute isn't notified of it's alarm until your call ends. Unfortunately, there's no way for TreoGuard to selectively disable only calendar/task alarms, so there's little that can be done about it other than deselecting the 'Disable alarms during calls' selection or not using the alternative method in BTMute.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    >>Phone randomly calling people

I've noticed that as well...it happens only late on Friday and Saturday evenings. Weird..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany

I've noticed that as well...it happens only late on Friday and Saturday evenings. Weird..
    Now, that's a Smartphone ! Probably trying to hook up ?
  8.    #8  
    TreoGuard delays all alarms if you have the 'Disable alarms during calls' checkbox selected. My guess is that BTMute is using an alarm to schedule the mute activation. Since alarms are delayed by TreoGuard, BTMute isn't notified of it's alarm until your call ends. Unfortunately, there's no way for TreoGuard to selectively disable only calendar/task alarms, so there's little that can be done about it other than deselecting the 'Disable alarms during calls' selection or not using the alternative method in BTMute.

Thanks I removed BTmute from my phone. I don't really have a problem with the volume on my headset. I do have TreoGuard's "disable alarms during calls" selected. I also don't always use a headset. Maybe that is part of the problem. I don't remember if it would happen with the headset activated or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany

Weird..mine used to do that also till I got a girlfreind..now my fiance.