1.    #1  
    Please parden the Newb question:

I am a new owner of a 650, and is there a way to get my own MP3 collection on the Treo 650, without having to buy the Realplayer software.

I can get the basic version, but I have to DL the store software to get the basic to recongize the treo 650.

Any help please. Or is there a better software out there?
    As to getting your files onto the Treo, just use the Palm install tool. Drag your files into the Expansion Card window and Hotsync. A better way would be use a card reader though. Make sure you have an Audio directory in the root.

As to player, pTunes is better. But the Real version on the Treo should play mp3's just fine.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    So I am forced to use a SD card, rather than just install onto the treo memory?
    treo memory only has 32 mb.. it wont hold that much songs anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss
    So I am forced to use a SD card, rather than just install onto the treo memory?
    I'll echo the comment by Louis. 32MB of RAM (about 23 usable) doesn't leave much room.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    ya, but as a new uses I just want to play with it and get to understand it all.

Thanks for the info.
    Go to the palm1 store and get their free 128mb memory card for treo 650 users. took me about 3 days to get it shipped from the left coast to the right coast,
    dp
    hi MP3 treo users. I am developing a Mac and PC to Treo video. The DVD will show the detailed steps for the new treo 650 owner to transfer songs from the Mac or PC to the Treo. Any Takers out there?
    I am taking orders for $29.95 plus $5.00 S&H.
    I got so frustrated doing this that I decided to make my own instructional video like video professor!
    email me @ pilot3155@hotmail.com
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Got a link?