1.    #1  
    hey guys I have been experiencing bad battery drain. I have a lot of apps installed IE. verichat. my question is: does vision useage drain battery life as much as voice minutes? I took phone off charger at 8am its now 4pm or so and only used about 10 voice minutes and my battery is at 42 percent according to zlauncher. any specific apps that are battery drainers? Thanks

Evan
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81
    hey guys I have been experiencing bad battery drain. I have a lot of apps installed IE. verichat. my question is: does vision useage drain battery life as much as voice minutes? I took phone off charger at 8am its now 4pm or so and only used about 10 voice minutes and my battery is at 42 percent according to zlauncher. any specific apps that are battery drainers? Thanks

Evan
    Do you have Verichat on "always on" mode? Using your data connection? That will suck the life right out of it... What about Beam, is it on? That sucks battery.. BlueTooth sucks it out too.. just a few ideas for ya.

Bek
  3.    #3  
    I turned verichat off but I didn't realize I had beam and bluetooth still enabled. I turned off lightwav as well. I will see how it goes now. but I guess verichat and blazer and data apps can drain just as much as voice minutes correct?
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g
    Most likely it was Verichat if you used the "data" for your always on connection.
    Make sure you have the latest version of Verichat as they have really addressed the drain situation with the "data enabled" for always on. It's version 2.82b
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I am charging my 650 once a week at this point. Phone is turned on and off by Treo alarm at 8:30 am / 11:00 pm (1:00 am on weekends). I use data very infrequently and make 4 - 5 calls a day on average, some days as much as 20. But I am nota "chatterer"....."Bringing home milk and bread.....anything else....no ...., bye"....."I am running late , can we move the meeting from 1:30 pm to 2 PM,...OK, ......bye".
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I am charging my 650 once a week at this point. Phone is turned on and off by Treo alarm at 8:30 am / 11:00 pm (1:00 am on weekends). I use data very infrequently and make 4 - 5 calls a day on average, some days as much as 20. But I am nota "chatterer"....."Bringing home milk and bread.....anything else....no ...., bye"....."I am running late , can we move the meeting from 1:30 pm to 2 PM,...OK, ......bye".
    Wow! Once a week, that's pretty impressive.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Yup.. I do recharge about 7-10 days.

Same as Jack.

I've turned off Bluetooth. I don't run gprs stuff all the time.. mainly to get mail. So no internat chat. I do play mp3s once in while. Usually when I'm particularly early for a meeting and sitting in some coffee place waiting until appropriate time.

I was pretty impressed.. The first day I had it, (after a full charge in the morning) by the end of the day my battery read something like 95% I was like WOW! Cool! Never had a phone with such battery life.
  8.    #8  
    I ahv a feeling it might be my device i signed off verichat turned off lightwav and set treo ringers back as default, Turned off BT and Beam. Battery life is still not that great. I must admit when i first had a Treo650 in dec. the battery life was great, i admit iuse it alittle more now (mintes about a week old now, dumped the 650 missed it alot and came back). I guess ill start deleteing apps anfd try and figure out if its an app, if not i guess ill have to get a warranty replacement (pain in the a$$ for me sinc ei work for sprint it takes me forever to get approvals on replacement)
    I'm a heavy treo user.. & my batt woulld last about a day.. until I installed chatter.. now lasts half a day.. had to go to sched synchs w/chatter to cut down on the drain
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81

Evan

The biggest drainers are the keyboard light and the flashing service light.

Get KBLightsoff, and turn off the keyboard light during the day, and get LEDOff and turn off all service lights, and you will see battery life go up 30%-50%.