Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    well... and i've actually used two different Cingular (orange) Treo 650s and they both crashed often... I'm going to wait until next week (when I'm off vacation and have more email) and try nothing but Chatter and see what happens...
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I kow there are some fanatical Chatter fans out there so please don't start flaming me...but my 650 is also experiencing random resets since installing Chatter. Before this, my 650 was working great, with no resets. I cannot find a pattern to the resets. Sometimes it occurs while I am editing some mailbox attributes, other times it resets while I am trying to respond to a message. It reset once when I was trying to compose an email.

I really want to like this program. IMAP is soo much better than POP. However, SNAPPER (for me) has been much more stable and is more of a polished product with some better features. I know it really does not matter how things look, but Snapper just looks better to me and gives me a better feeling in general because it does look and feel more slick. Unfortunately, perception is reality sometimes (for me anyway).

Not sure if I am ultimately going to stick with Chatter if these random resets continues.
    buirus - Are you using SSL? If so (and I think you are, based on your question on the other forum), my guess is that your resets are due to not having "Disable background SSL" checked in the Connection preferences. Could you check that?

Regarding Snapper - Yes, they've had years to add polish, and it shows (although frankly I think the "main" screen is ugly). But the product is very slow, hogs the Treo for long periods of time, and has very limited IMAP functionality. It also doesn't integrate as well with the Treo.

Marc
    I have SSL disabled and just started having resets today after installing RC4 recently...while waiting for a reply from Marc I upgraded to RC8...I had 3 resets after that and it hasnt reset now for almost 4 hours...this afternoon it was resetting every few minutes then about every hour...I am in communication with Marc trying to resolve and I'm logging Chatter.

*I havent installed anything new for over a week, only rc4 of Chatter...before that I was using the stable version and had the odd reset every 3-4 days..I doubt I'll go back to snapper and instead just switch back to the stable version if nothing else...for now I'll send Marc the logs if resets keep happening so he can resolve this easier if Chatter is the problem.

I just started using Chatter and would say it is my favorite program along with Directory assistant..I wont be giving it up that quick
    I'm not aware of any reset issues in rc9, except for those related to SSL running in the background (i.e. without "Disable background SSL").

Marc
    Well I'm still in debate mode whether to keep it or not. Not because of Snapper, but because I still carry my Blackberry around for Notes support.

Running RC4 and I've had lots of random resets. Such as I'm in a meeting and my Palm turns on and resets itself. Not sure if it's all due to Chatter, but I suspect it is since that's the only app to really be 'on'. Maybe I should just try to the stable version.

Marc, any ideas when 1.04 will go full release? I really want to love using this program, but the random resets pose an issue for me.
    I rarely get resets without background SSL. I also found 1.0.3.1 much more resistant to resets when running background SSL.
    contempt - Are you using SSL? Also, I would DEFINITELY get the latest (rc9); there were a few significant stability-related changes since rc4.

Marc
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Marc, thank you for the reply. You definitely live up to the legendary support billing that you have earned. I appreciate and respect your commitment to your customers.

I am not using SSL as far as I can tell. I do not see that optioin you are referring to under Menu>>Preferences>>Connection. Or are you talking about the SSL checkbox in the Edit Mailbox>>Deliver tab?? By the way, I am using the latest official release, not the beta.

Here is more information:
    Last night while browsing the internet, I was having a lot of issues with Blazer not being able to connect to sites and with it becoming very sluggish. When I performed a reset (without Chatter running) everything was back to normal. Also this morning, when I tried to go to the Preferences menu, the system reset. Finally (though minor), even though I set the vibration to only 2 "Buzzes" it continues to do 3 or 4. Last night it was working fine. I have checked all of the settings in each mailbox.

Thanks for the help.
    Ok, I'm talking about "Edit Mailbox" -> "Delivery".

What I'd suggest is moving to the latest Beta; it is more stable and more feature-filled than the last stable release. It's also going to become the stable 1.0.4 tomorrow.

Marc
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Thanks Marc. I will try the newest beta.

Another issue I accountered that may be solved by beta...I have Chatter set up to vibrate twice and the LED to show orange when an email is received. This was working really well last night. Now today, it started to vibrate differently as I stated earlier and the LED is no longer working. I haven't changed anything so I am not sure why this is happening. Anyway, I will try the newest beta. Should I uninstall the version I have before trying the beta or can I just install over it?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12