1.    #1  
    When i try touching anything on the screen there is no response. The display looks fine, all the hard keyboard keys work just fine but i can't select from the display.

I tried a soft, system and hard reset without success.

Suggestions?

Sprint - 1 1/2 years

If i have to have it fixed, does anybody have a clue what that might cost?
    I had this happen to me and it turned out the BoxWave screen protector was pushed in under the screen frame too far. Apparently it put pressure on the screen somewhere and it gave the impression of being locked up. Once I removed the screen protector and re-positioned it, everything when back to normal.

Now, about the cost to have Sprint fix it if it is truely broken. If you are paying your $5 bucks a month for the extended warranty it should only cost you $10 to have your Treo replaced.
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by norpah
    I had this happen to me and it turned out the BoxWave screen protector was pushed in under the screen frame too far. Apparently it put pressure on the screen somewhere and it gave the impression of being locked up. Once I removed the screen protector and re-positioned it, everything when back to normal.

Now, about the cost to have Sprint fix it if it is truely broken. If you are paying your $5 bucks a month for the extended warranty it should only cost you $10 to have your Treo replaced.
    Norpah -- You Rock!!

This didn't fix the problem but it did give me a lead. I took off the protector.... didn't work.. then i figured pressure might be the cause... SO with nothing to loose i squeezed both sides of the treo's sides together and GUESS WHAT???

IT WORKS NOW!!

the only question is for how long..

Thanks to you and your quick reply I am back in business!!!
    Glad that did the trick!!
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Another trick is to run a business card gently around the edges of the screen to remove any large dust particles that may have become lodged under there.