Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70
  1.    #1  
    I mean, most of the people I see anxious are the ones who say how great their Treo 650s work

    If your Treo 650 works so good why do you want an upgrade? Haven't you ever heard "If it ain't broke don't fix it"??

    Or is it that your Treo 650 doesn't work with "NO PROBLEMS" as you have been parading around the forum telling newbies? (<- Is that a case of "misery loves company"?)

    I can tell you why I want the upgrade: The OS on my T650 is the same as yours=BETA JUNK.

    I'm just curious as to why people with perfect T650s with "no problems" want a firmware upgrade so bad... Please enlighten me...
    Last edited by SoufSidah09; 03/21/2005 at 11:28 AM.
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

    "Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  2. #2  
    I agree with you. I WANT the firmware upgrade because the software on the thing is crap. It's very premature and has LOTS of bugs. As you said, Beta Junk.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I mean, most of the people I see anxious are the ones who say how great their Treo 650s work

    If your Treo 650 works so good why do you want an upgrade? Haven't you ever heard "If it ain't broke don't fix it"??

    Or is that your Treo 650 doesn't work with "NO PROBLEMS" as you have been parading around the forum telling newbies? (<- Is that a case of "misery loves company"?)

    I can tell you why I want the upgrade: The OS on my T650 is the same as yours=BETA JUNK.

    I'm just curious as to why people with perfect T650s with "no problems" want a firmware upgrade so bad... Please enlighten me...
    I guess I don't want a firmware update as bad as I wanted the device in the first place.. all of the bugs i've run into were in the minor category.. nothing show stopping, but nothing I wouldn't mind fixed.

    I'm patiently waiting for a software rev.. no hurry, just sometime eventualy. I'd rather have them take their time with this one
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ
    I guess I don't want a firmware update as bad as I wanted the device in the first place.. all of the bugs i've run into were in the minor category.. nothing show stopping, but nothing I wouldn't mind fixed.

    I'm patiently waiting for a software rev.. no hurry, just sometime eventualy. I'd rather have them take their time with this one
    That's the attitude I just don't get. You are willing to put up with "minor" bugs all the while agreeing that they need to "take their time" with the update. Why don't you think they should have taken their time with the TREO 650 telephone in the first place? Sounds like PalmOne correctly judged that people would buy a defective device and not hold them accountable or responsible for fixing it any time soon. Gotta agree with those that say the "fix" is gonna cost you $600 and will be called the TREO 670 or 700 or something like that.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    That's the attitude I just don't get. You are willing to put up with "minor" bugs all the while agreeing that they need to "take their time" with the update. Why don't you think they should have taken their time with the TREO 650 telephone in the first place? Sounds like PalmOne correctly judged that people would buy a defective device and not hold them accountable or responsible for fixing it any time soon. Gotta agree with those that say the "fix" is gonna cost you $600 and will be called the TREO 670 or 700 or something like that.
    As I said.. minor bugs, minor anoyances.. nothing that prevents me from using the phone every day reliably. I've been using it since november, the minor problems i've had, like the delay to dial sometimes are worth the HUGE functionality I've gotten over my old phone.

    Nah.. the stuff that is wrong is just some minor software tweeks. The device is NOT defective, it just has a few rough edges.
  6. philmair's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #6  
    I want an upgrade soon. I agree that the currect OS must be described as Beta, and it has SEVERAL rough edges.

    For me though the pro's still outweigh the con's for the 650 - it is still great. I can live with the bugs - but I prefer not to!
  7. #7  
    But as long as you AGREE (implicitly) to live with the bugs, PalmOne ain't gonna fix anything. Guaranteed.
  8. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I can tell you why I want the upgrade: The OS on my T650 is the same as yours=BETA JUNK.

    I'm just curious as to why people with perfect T650s with "no problems" want a firmware upgrade so bad... Please enlighten me...
    Here's a cookie;

    Maybe we should be asking why someone would keep a phone that they think is BETA JUNK???

    The issues the phone has are not deal breakers for me, but it would be nice if some things were fixed. Thus, the desire to have the firmware upgrade.

    If I thought my phone was junk (which would mean unusable), I'd return it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    Here's a cookie;

    Maybe we should be asking why someone would keep a phone that they think is BETA JUNK???
    I can't think of a reason why someone would keep a phone they considered junk, as for me I don't consider my Treo 650 junk, I actually like my Treo 650, my beef is with P1, I consider their OS BETA JUNK. Unfortunately I can't seperate the two or else I would...

    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    The issues the phone has are not deal breakers for me, but it would be nice if some things were fixed. Thus, the desire to have the firmware upgrade.

    If I thought my phone was junk (which would mean unusable), I'd return it.
    Are you one of those people who use VersaMail, Web, and RealPlayer? If not can you tell us why?
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

    "Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  10. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I can't think of a reason why someone would keep a phone they considered junk, as for me I don't consider my Treo 650 junk, I actually like my Treo 650, my beef is with P1, I consider their OS BETA JUNK. Unfortunately I can't seperate the two or else I would...
    that really makes no sense. The OS *IS* what makes the phone/pda/apps work. You are just playing games with wording.
    Are you one of those people who use VersaMail, Web, and RealPlayer? If not can you tell us why?
    "One of those people"? What's that supposed to mean?

    I use Snappermail. I did from when I had the 600. I paid for it, I like it, I still use it. I feel it is better than Versamail.

    Web? I use Blazer, but I don't surf a lot. I do use the net mostly for chat (Verichat) and to send pics, get weather and whatnot.

    Realplayer... I don't need an mp3 player, so don't use it much for that, tho I have audible player installed and listen to some books that way.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    that really makes no sense. The OS *IS* what makes the phone/pda/apps work. You are just playing games with wording.

    "One of those people"? What's that supposed to mean?

    I use Snappermail. I did from when I had the 600. I paid for it, I like it, I still use it. I feel it is better than Versamail.

    Web? I use Blazer, but I don't surf a lot. I do use the net mostly for chat (Verichat) and to send pics, get weather and whatnot.

    Realplayer... I don't need an mp3 player, so don't use it much for that, tho I have audible player installed and listen to some books that way.
    Roger that! I don't even have Real or Versamail on my Treo. Basically go online for the same reasons you do. Crap, it's a 2" square screen!!!! I just need weather and sports updates. Maybe a few other things here and there when I'm online. But Blazer has never crashed on me.

    Just fix the damn BT volume!!!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    that really makes no sense. The OS *IS* what makes the phone/pda/apps work. You are just playing games with wording.
    I’m not playing with anything, I’m telling you the truth, you might not be technically capable of understanding what we are discussing, but that doesn’t mean it’s not the truth. Let me help you understand….If you buy a DELL laptop, it most likely will come with Windows XP, some don’t like XP, they have the option of wiping the device clean and loading Linux or whatever *OS* they feel like…unfortunately that option is not available for the T650 as far as I know it. YET…

    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    "One of those people"? What's that supposed to mean?

    I use Snappermail. I did from when I had the 600. I paid for it, I like it, I still use it. I feel it is better than Versamail.
    “One of those people” <-- I was referring to the people who say their Treo 650s work perfect yet they don’t use built in apps like VersaMail etc because it’s buggy and doesn’t work correctly and yet feel it’s normal to buy $60 software to replace the built-in app that doesn’t work as advertised…They also fail to mention this to the unknowing newbies lurking on the forum…
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

    "Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  13. #13  
    I agree with GWB.

    P1 will not never entertain the idea of releasing a substantial firmware update while all you guys keep holding onto you sub-standard 650's. That's why I sent mine back and asked for my money back. If more of us sent our 650's back and it began to effect their bottom line, I am sure all the fixes would fly out of P1.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    If more of us sent our 650's back and it began to effect their bottom line, I am sure all the fixes would fly out of P1.
    I don't think returning Treos to P1 will affect their bottom line or hurry their firmware upgrade........especially when the demand outstrips the supply:

    http://www.brighthand.com/article/De...Treo_650?site=
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  15. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    you might not be technically capable of understanding what we are discussing, but that doesn’t mean it’s not the truth. Let me help you understand….
    Do you really *NEED* to be so obnoxious? I guess that's the internet for you, filled with folks who can't deal with people that have different opinions than theirs and they have to lower themselves to attacking.

    How nice.
  16. jmm2004's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #16  
    Yet another "It's beta it sucks" "No it's great" "Well it's got a few minor problems" thread...I guess this is what Freedom of speech gets us!!!
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    If you buy a DELL laptop, it most likely will come with Windows XP, some don’t like XP, they have the option of wiping the device clean and loading Linux or whatever *OS* they feel like…unfortunately that option is not available for the T650 as far as I know it.
    The same is true of all PPC devices, is it not?
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I’m not playing with anything... If you buy a DELL laptop, it most likely will come with Windows XP, some don’t like XP, they have the option of wiping the device clean and loading Linux or whatever *OS* they feel like…unfortunately that option is not available for the T650 as far as I know it. YET…
    Yeah, and I hate all those stupid phone companies and palm OS companies and Pocket PC companies and MAC companies and TIVO companies that don't give me the readily available option of loading any operating system I please on my device!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    “One of those people” <-- I was referring to the people who say their Treo 650s work perfect yet they don’t use built in apps like VersaMail etc because it’s buggy and doesn’t work correctly and yet feel it’s normal to buy $60 software to replace the built-in app that doesn’t work as advertised…They also fail to mention this to the unknowing newbies lurking on the forum…
    My apps work perfectly as advertised. I use all the built in apps, except P-tunes over realplayer, and I don't complain because Palm didn't include every single app in the handango catalog with my Treo 650. I was one of those unknowing newbies, this is my first Treo, and I love my Treo. I've had no hard resets, and only a very small number of soft resets, but I dont complain because my bleeding-edge technology isn't absolutely perfect in every single respect. Then again, I'm sure your computer never freezes, and that you've never had a single problem with any program you have ever used. I too wish that companies would spend a little more time in Quality control, but supply and demand, we demanded it, they supplied it, and they supplied an awesome product in my opinion. The Treo is way better than anything else on the market. So grow up or be resigned to being a miserable, unhappy person for the rest of your life, because life aint perfect and its not going to get any better till you stop crying about it and go out and do something to make it better.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    The same is true of all PPC devices, is it not?
    Not entirely
    impossible

    Seems the older iPaqs have better luck w/Linux...but it's been quite a while since I've been interested.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    If your Treo 650 works so good why do you want an upgrade? Haven't you ever heard "If it ain't broke don't fix it"??h "no problems" want a firmware upgrade so bad... Please enlighten me...
    Here's my "Enlightenment 3 pack"

    No. 1 - 2.5 MB increase in free memory

    No. 2 - 3 times faster speed moving apps off SD card to main memory.

    No. 3 - Much faster performance overall.

    Still no probelms other than they fact that I wish they had advised to disable 3rd party backup conduits before doing update. But aside from some lost time, still works like a charm. Almost 2 months of use and no issues.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions