Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Here's my "Enlightenment 3 pack"

No. 1 - 2.5 MB increase in free memory

No. 2 - 3 times faster speed moving apps off SD card to main memory.

No. 3 - Much faster performance overall.

Still no probelms other than they fact that I wish they had advised to disable 3rd party backup conduits before doing update. But aside from some lost time, still works like a charm. Almost 2 months of use and no issues.
    how about voice quality...
    Wow...how many different ways can you cut this pie.
    All I can add is that my Treo650 with it bugs (which I believe should be fixed sooner than later) is better than what I had before it....nothing.
    Here's what I have: a phone which works, a datebook which works, a way to send and retrieve emails which works, a way to go online which works and some other things which I don't use nor need a whole lot. Do they work perfectly or maybe even as advertised..I don't know or really care..so long as I can take care of business. Which so far seems to be the case. And again the bottom line was/is what was the alternative..treo600,blackberry,something else..? None of those seemed to be that much better if at all.
    Hope this helps someone who is confused by the "its great..no it sucks" threads that are out there.
    I dont' understand your ideas. Why can't someone like something yet be happy when it improves? Like a new set of kitchen cabinets, a tune up for your car, an A+ on your child's report card...the list goes on and on.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    Do you really *NEED* to be so obnoxious? I guess that's the internet for you, filled with folks who can't deal with people that have different opinions than theirs and they have to lower themselves to attacking.

How nice.
    I wasn't being obnoxious, I was really trying to help you understand, sorry you took it the wrong way

the bottom line: NO ONE'S TREO 650 WORKS PERFECTLY WITH "NO PROBLEMS", BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE THE SAME BUGS. UNLESS OF COARSE YOU HAVE NEW FIRMWARE...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I dont' understand your ideas.
    It's easy, what I don't understand is how people can parade around on the board like their Treo 650s are so perfect with "no problems" when there are lists of bugs plastered all over this forum about the T650, they are basically conning the newbies into thinking the device is perfect with no flaws and as long as they get a *good unit* you will have no problems, COMPLETELY ignoring all the bugs in the firmware leaving a nice suprise for the newbies, NICE
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Originally Posted by SoufSidah09

you might not be technically capable of understanding what we are discussing, but that doesn’t mean it’s not the truth.
    “One of those people” <-- I was referring to the people who say their Treo 650s work perfect yet they don’t use built in apps like VersaMail etc because it’s buggy and doesn’t work correctly and yet feel it’s normal to buy $60 software to replace the built-in app that doesn’t work as advertised…They also fail to mention this to the unknowing newbies lurking on the forum…
    I am "one of those people" who use Versamail everyday for 3 different POP accounts. I am technically capable of understanding what you are talking about and guess what? My Versamail works just fine - all day, every day, bug free - yes - bug free - I repeat in case you are not technically capable of understanding me. I know it pains you to hear it - its not a lie, its not a "stretch" of the truth, its just the facts. If I tell a Newbie that, I am not kidding, I am not speaking about something I don't understand, it just works and works fine. Does that mean all newbies that read my post are going to have a similar experience to mine? No - they might try to use IMAP, which I haven't done. They might try to use MS Active Sync with Versamail, which I have not tried. They might try to use some ISP that I haven't tried - all or any of which might be a source of problems I have not come across.

I use the web everyday - guess what - it works fine too. Can I think of a problem to caution a newbie regarding Blazer? Not really - it works just as I would expect it to.

I don't use Realplayer - why? I have an iPod - it holds 20GB. And you something about the iPod - its not a very good phone ;-) Do you think a newbie to an iPod needs to know that? If a newbie assumes the Treo 650 is a kick-**** MP3 player, just because no one in treocentral.com told them its no iPod, then that's their own fault.

If you somehow feel offended by posters who don't have the same problems as you, don't assume they are lying - they may not actually have the same problems you do. You claim to be technically savvy by accusing others of being incapable of understanding the problems described here. If that's the case, you should understand that there are many thousands of combinations of option settings, combined with a nearly infinite number of possible unique setups from user to user, based on software applications and preference settings. My Treo can certainly exhibit different behavior from yours - it doesn't mean I am lying... or stupid.

Sorry man, my Treo just doesn't seem like Beta Junk - it just works. Is it 100% absolutely perfect - flaw free, the holy grail of all smartphone devices ever created, with the perfect feature set, perfect specs, perfect OS, perfect built-in applications, a great desktop replacement, an awesome MP3 player? No - but as a phone and a Palm PDA with e-mail capabilities, it has worked fine for me. IMO, I feel I've gotten my money's worth - it has met or exceeded my expectations. If, in your eyes, that makes me a liar or technically incapable of understanding something, then so be it. In my case, a firmware upgrade will likely make a good experience even better.
    And I have used both pTunes and RealPlayer with my 1gb SD card, and I think it makes a pretty good mp3 player too, at least for my needs, not to mention a nice way to listen to internet audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmedia1
    If, in your eyes, that makes me a liar or technically incapable of understanding something, then so be it.
    Hey, you're not alone. I'm a technically incapable liar too!

There's more of us than you think!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by khronos21
    And I have used both pTunes and RealPlayer with my 1gb SD card, and I think it makes a pretty good mp3 player too, at least for my needs, not to mention a nice way to listen to internet audio.
    Are you sure? According to this thread, you are now "parading" around this forum giving newbies the idea that Realplayer is perfect
    BSer's!!! All of you!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    OK Guys,

I have a perfect Treo 650! I use Fakeplayer, Versasuck, and NotWeb.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Are you sure? According to this thread, you are now "parading" around this forum giving newbies the idea that Realplayer is perfect
    Yeah, well I was a noob Treo user not too long ago, and someone told me that RealPlayer would be able to stream Video at 30mb/s, give me full TIVO functionality, and cook me breakfast. I was lied to, so now I feel it is my duty to lie to all the unsuspecting dupes out there so that they buy Treos and make PalmOne richer. My only aim in life is to further the business interests of PalmOne.
    Quote Originally Posted by khronos21
    Yeah, well I was a noob Treo user not too long ago, and someone told me that RealPlayer would be able to stream Video at 30mb/s, give me full TIVO functionality, and cook me breakfast. I was lied to, so now I feel it is my duty to lie to all the unsuspecting dupes out there so that they buy Treos and make PalmOne richer. My only aim in life is to further the business interests of PalmOne.
    Mine does that...have you tried a soft reset???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    I agree with you. I WANT the firmware upgrade because the software on the thing is crap. It's very premature and has LOTS of bugs. As you said, Beta Junk.
    Why did you buy it? You should have waited, seen what the problems were and then decided to wait for a fix...all before buying. You should learn how to shop.

Too late now. You have to wait, like the rest of us.

oh, and before Soufsidah responds...I am NOT a palm apologist or lover, thank you.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I mean, most of the people I see anxious are the ones who say how great their Treo 650s work

If your Treo 650 works so good why do you want an upgrade? Haven't you ever heard "If it ain't broke don't fix it"??

Or is it that your Treo 650 doesn't work with "NO PROBLEMS" as you have been parading around the forum telling newbies? (<- Is that a case of "misery loves company"?)

I can tell you why I want the upgrade: The OS on my T650 is the same as yours=BETA JUNK.

I'm just curious as to why people with perfect T650s with "no problems" want a firmware upgrade so bad... Please enlighten me...
    Please name me one software driven device that doesn't have bugs! I want the fix, just so my $600 phone/palm can work better. The faster we get this fix, the faster we'll get the next one.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
    I stopped using Realplayer years ago when they turned the free player into a spam assasin...why the hell would I use it on my smartphone.

I use Chattermail instead of Versamail for the push..my choice, I use Blazer for the web but honestly who the hell wants to surf the web at 320x320 for any extended period of time..I got a 30 inch monitor for that.

I can't say I've really had any problem with Blazer on my unlocked gsm.

*My only complaint is the earpiece volume at times isnt loud enough when making calls..I've had this with many phones over the years and I'm sure it will be fixed somehow, When buying any phone everybody want's perfection but as with any other product rarely are they *perfect*...how many phones did it take Motorola to go from the brick to the razor?...how many versions did it take to go from DOS to XP..how many were there and how many still exist..I think you get the point.

There will always be bashers of products regardless....
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
    There should be a new forum section - "I hate my Treo 650/ I love my Treo 650"

That would free this forum for more useful posts.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    yer right..... We need a "Treo 650 Complaints" board
  20.    #40  
    I am "one of those people" who use Versamail everyday for 3 different POP accounts. I am technically capable of understanding what you are talking about and guess what? My Versamail works just fine
    You guys are comedians

No problems=BS, what version of the T650 do you have? (GSM or CDMA)

You're running the same code as everyone else so you have the same bugs...

If you're running the CDMA you will have delays, kb lights stays blaring and can't be turned off or dimmed. (can be hacked off with a few apps but you should'nt have to buy an app to do somthing the OS should natively that was in the past model T600)
    Also it seems they addressed the blarring kb in the GSM unlocked version but at the same time you lost the function of the side keys to stop the ringer

You will also have the bluetooth problems with all versions I believe

3. Versamail is buggy and crashes, I've read some did exstensive work and fixed their's (which they shouldn't have to do, it should work with better quaility than apps you have to buy like chatter and snapper being that it's OEM)

4. Your call log defaults on cancel, some say they like this better, I'm sure it wasn't intentional as it annoys most people I know, and if it's addressed in a later code release that will confirm it as an oversight.

5. NVFS...

6. Date/Network Time bug...

The above list are *some* of things that MUST affect you as you're running the same code as everyone, there are more look around...So again I call BS to anyone who says they have NO PROBLEMS.

The only way you cannot have these issues is if you're running new code *NOT YET* released from P1 which means you would work for P1, and last I recall no one here works for P1. (even though half the people here act like it
    )

For the record I also have a *good unit* with no ramdom resets or problems of the sort, *AND* I also use versamail! But like you and everyone else, I still have all the bugs listed above...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast