Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I was ready to break down and get a no-frills ivolution T65 from Vaja last night, b/c I learned over the weekend that my skin case doesn't like to slide in and out of the pockets of jeans that fit (the rubber is too grippy). In addition, the skin case really dulls the look of an otherwise cool looking phone. So anyway, I went through the motions of selecting my color and filling out my address. When I got to the shipping, it was $17! Now my already overpriced case ($105) had become $123. I felt like I was getting fleeced. Does anyone know why they charge that much for something that weighs a few ounces? I understand the custom color can beef up the price (though I still think $100 is too high), but how would this factor into charging so much for shipping?
  2. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    They ship fedex international 3-day from Argentina. Doesn't seem too bad to me.
  3.    #3  
    i appreciate the perspective. i still think it sucks that i have to spend $100 to get a case that isn't tacky or boring/business looking, but $17 from argentina makes more sense. thanks.
  4. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    In addtion to the cost it takes them a good month to make a case so plan on waiting.
    i got charged 18 to canada...its fedex priority rapid fast mail...in my perspective its big time cheap when compared to shipping prices on ebay...and expansys
  6.    #6  
    OK. for what it's worth, count me in as one of the submissive. may the waiting period begin. i like orange and hate boring black leather cases with belt clips and exposed stitching. what can i say?...
    ^you could "lois who's the boss isnt a food"

but yeah my T65 is a plain caterina black with a nice PalmOne logo etched into the back
    the T66 that is being made for me now is Ruby Wine Red solid with a nice PalmOne logo etched into the back
    I paid about the same for shipping to Canada...worth every dollar the case is beautiful! I bought the T65 in Black and Grey
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    My Vaja T66 Red/Black just arrived. Ah, the sweet smell of good leather, the case is VERY well made, definitely worth every $$
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    DocGo PLEASE POST SOME PICS OF YOUR T66!!!!!! But as far as the shipping costs, it's coming international FedEx express. 17$ is fairly inexpensive, if you go to FedEx and get qoutes for shipping, the costs would be that much if not much more.
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    The Doctor is IN!
    Wow. That is a very impressive case. I have a T65 and am really considering getting a T66. Doc have you used the 65? How is the flap on the case? Uncomfortable? Does it get annoying?
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I don't have the T65 so I can't tell you how it compares with the T66. The flap doesn't annoy me at all. I love the fact that my screen is protected when I have the case stuffed in my doctor's bag. I didn;t get the belt clip, but I think it will make a nice belt clip case since your screen will always be protected.
    The Doctor is IN!
    ooooooo cant wait for my T66 to come...

what was the extra charge fedex assessed you...approx 16CAD?
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Extra charge was about $22. Maybe it is because I am in Newfoundland (higher taxes) :P
    The Doctor is IN!
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hey Hofo, your T65...is it with a belt clip? How is it? I love my T66 (without belt clip) but am seriously considering to get another T66, with a belt clip. I think the cover will protect the treo from bumps, etc.
    The Doctor is IN!
    ^hello DocNewfie

For T6, T65 and T66 i did not order the ultra clip

However, when i had a Sony Ericsson T616 i bought myself a I-Volution M3 case for it. I was still in the phase of using belt clips. I was itching to get rid of my krusell because i hate plastic over the keys. When i recieved the case...the ultra clip..was amazing. Never have i seen something as sick as that. Its literally a hunk of medal in an oval shape (meaning you have the turn the phone horizontal to be able to use the clip release). It was fused in the caterina black leather with what i dont know but i can tell you this...there was no chance in the world unless of using a metal saw of the clip coming off..

If you like belt clips, then the Ultra clip is for you. You will not regret it. Myself now i am a person who sticks my phone in my pocket, and well having the T66 will reduce my worries as opposed to me having my T65 in my pocket

22CAD is still good...i got dinged for (rounded up to the nearest whole) 16CAD its funny when they told me over the phone that Vaja on the customs declaration forms marked the market value of the custom ivollution case at 40USD
    from the vaja website

http://www1.vajacases.com/our_cases/clip.jpg
    CLIP
    The Ultra Clip™ is solid and keeps the device secure while wearing it on your hip allowing you to attach and detach it easily. It can withstand pulling forces in excess of 130 pounds in any direction. This clip is made entirely of high resistance plastic, and the pin consists of one piece made of plated solid brass, fitted in the back of the case between two thick ABS layers, without any fixing seam. The device must be turned 90º while the top button is pressed to install and remove it, highly reducing the possibility of accidental pop-outs once it is seated in the clip; then it will swivel 360º. The pin itself where the belt clip is attached is firmly sewn inside the leather. This kind of clip fits belts up to 1.8'' wide and can be used ambidextrously.
    This system avoids any unwanted detachment possibility and enhances even more the protection against hits or scratches, offering a higher reliability while the case is carried on the belt, meeting the needs of those who carry expensive electronics.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. Am really quite tempted to get a similar T66, this time with the belt clip. My T66 now is great! My co-workers, residents and nurses would oogle at it and it is fun to see their jaw just drop when the ysee the case and the Treo. Did you get your T66 yet?
    The Doctor is IN!
    nope still being forged in the andes that or with the penguins in antartica

the order was confirmed on March 6th

And i just noticed that on the 18th of March my CC was charged

now all I need now is my credit from PalmOne and I'm set
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast