Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Every so often my 650 will stop vibrating on incoming email/calendar items, et cetera. It'll begin vibrating again after a while, but I havent been able to identify which action turns this on again.

    I'll use the preferences tool to turn vibration off and then on again, and I can feel the device vibrate briefly, but it still doesnt vibrate on the proper events.

    Has anyone experienced this, or found a way to re-enable the event vibrations?

    Thanks.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  2. #2  
    haha..i have the same problem. Sometimes the phone just won't vibrate when its suppose to. Its annoying because I'll miss calls when in silent mode. Palm seriously needs to fix the simple problems.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by XiiiXiii
    haha..i have the same problem. Sometimes the phone just won't vibrate when its suppose to. Its annoying because I'll miss calls when in silent mode. Palm seriously needs to fix the simple problems.
    I've actually narrowed this down to the GoodLink software. In silent mode the phone will vibrate like crazy when it rings, but the new email notification no longer vibrates.

    IIRC we have a resident GoodLink representative? Any ideas Mr. Good?
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  4. #4  
    What version of GoodLink are you running?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    What version of GoodLink are you running?
    Goodlink: 4.0.0.59

    FWIW, I absolutely LOVE the GoodLink software, save for this and one other issue[1]. Resolving them will put it squarely back into unequivocal good favor.

    [1] When I mark an email as read using Outook (via my laptop) connected natively to our MS Exchange 2000 server, it sometimes does not get marked as read on the Treo. 100% of my mail shows up on the device, but there doesnt seem to be a pattern to what gets marked as read and what doesnt.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore
    Goodlink: 4.0.0.59

    FWIW, I absolutely LOVE the GoodLink software, save for this and one other issue[1]. Resolving them will put it squarely back into unequivocal good favor.

    [1] When I mark an email as read using Outook (via my laptop) connected natively to our MS Exchange 2000 server, it sometimes does not get marked as read on the Treo. 100% of my mail shows up on the device, but there doesnt seem to be a pattern to what gets marked as read and what doesnt.
    The vibrate issue has come up before here and we could not replicate it. Emails not being marked as read is a new one for me as I haven't heard that one before. Let me see what I can do and, I would call Tech Support and let them know about the issues.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    The vibrate issue has come up before here and we could not replicate it. Emails not being marked as read is a new one for me as I haven't heard that one before. Let me see what I can do and, I would call Tech Support and let them know about the issues.
    Im not able to pin down when the vibrate stops or starts, just that it occurs at all. Its worked pretty flawlessly for the last two weeks; today's lack of vibration is the longest its gone with an issue.
    Thanks for the feedback; I'll start a support request with our network services department, as well as look forward to reading whatever you uncover.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  8. #8  
    Comes and goes, lucky you! Mine has gone out altogether... I took T650 to the spring store and they said it has be be replaced. But they didn't have any more T650, so now I have call around see if I can find a store that has some available.
  9. #9  
    I have this problem, too, but I do NOT have Goodlink.

    It's really very annoying when the phone does not vibrate when it is supposed to.

    It also will sometimes not respond to the headset button to turn on and go to VoiceDial - I wonder if these two oddities are related in any way?
    Last edited by westronic; 03/21/2005 at 03:23 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I have this probkle, too, but I do NOT have Goodlink.

    It's really very annoying when the phone does not vibrate when it is supposed to.

    It also will sometimes not respond to the headset button to turn on and go to VoiceDial - I wonder if these two oddities are related in any way?
    The phone vibrates as expected; Ive had no calls missed to date. I powered the device off and then back on this afternoon and the vibration for inbound email (via GoodLink) appears back to normal.

    Here's a completley unrelated question: Is it possible to tell the phone to not dim the screen while Im on a call? It goes inactive after a minute or so of phone use and must be touched to reactivate it, thus requiring two taps to end the call using the screen.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  11. #11  
    Hmm..maybe it is a 650 issue after all..dunno, but will see what I can find out.
  12. #12  
    We have 3 Treo 650's with Goodlink v.4.00.59 installed. The units will vibrate intermittently, and then requires a soft reset to reinstate vibrate within any Good application.

    Phone and other apps outside of Goodlink will work fine with Vibrate.

    -Steve

    Whoops- forgot to add that these are Cingular Treo 650's that were just received on Tuesday, 3/22/05.
    Last edited by Beastmaster; 03/24/2005 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Need to add:
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster
    We have 3 Treo 650's with Goodlink v.4.00.59 installed. The units will vibrate intermittently, and then requires a soft reset to reinstate vibrate within any Good application.

    Phone and other apps outside of Goodlink will work fine with Vibrate.
    I can echo this behavior. When an app causes a device reset[1] the remainder of the phone and extra-GoodLink software vibrates as expected. Only after a soft reset will GoodLink events again vibrate the device.

    [1] On my v1.08 Sprint Treo 650 only VeriChat 2.82b has caused a reset after the version update.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Hmm..maybe it is a 650 issue after all..dunno, but will see what I can find out.
    Well, I think my similar results could be DateBk5 related. I'm not sure, and I don't think it's happened since I got a replacement Treo (for a pixel being dead).
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore
    [1] On my v1.08 Sprint Treo 650 only VeriChat 2.82b has caused a reset after the version update.
    I stand corrected. I went from GoodLink email-vibrate to no vibrate without a crash this afternoon. An hour ago email came in with a tone and vibration; just now with only the tone.

    I understand there's not much you can do about this GoodGuy, but it stood to reason that detail about the behavior would help. Let us know if thats not the case and I'll stop posting the patterns I observe.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
  16. #16  
    No, keep letting me know the patterns. I am forwarding this stuff on.

Posting Permissions