Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone knows about or actually own the one by E&B Company? It's found on this website also. I'm hearing a lot about the Covertec horizontal case and all seems to be good things, but i was wondering about this other case also. If anyone has it or knows anything about it please let me know. Also is there any word on when Covertec will be releasing the horizontal case strickly for the 650?
    I don't have one, but since I just looked at them all (and chose Bellagio lateral case), the major difference seems to be the E&B case uses a belt loop, and the Covertec case uses a belt clip.

Security (belt loop) versus convenience (clip). I chose the Bellagio because it has a real hinged spring clip which holds the belt better than a plain clip (not as much better as I would have hoped, but still probably better).

the crusher
    --
    and in this corner...
  3.    #3  
    I appreciate atleast someone actually reading these posts and being able to reply.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Dhammand man, Have you tried searching the forums? I've been using this site for about 6 weeks, and most of the questions I have are already answered somewhere. I actually 'discovered' the covertec case (which I have and really like) while doing a search on covers.
  5.    #5  
    Yea i have. Actually i found out the answer as to why noone was replying to the case by E&B Co. I called them and that case isn't for the 650. As for the Covertec case, i ordered one yesterday but then cancelled it, b/c the rep was telling me that they should be expecting the horizontal case specifically for the Treo 650 in the next 2-3 weeks. So in the meantime i just bought the PalmOne Treo Side case. (the one with the word Treo on the bottom corner of the case.) Hopefully this will do the trick until i can order the one by Covertec. Any opinions on the Treo side case?
    one problem with the treo side case is it will wear the paint off. I put a piece of felt from a local lowes inside the case to solve this. The nylon interior is much to abrasive for the treo.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Several people have said they are using the Covertec 600 case and that the 650 fits. I'm a 600 user so can't say from personal experience...
    I have a covertec horizontal "600" model but use it for my 650 after reading several other posts that said it works just fine. Indeed, it's perfect, even with e-grips. My guess is the company will maybe offer a different color or something and charge more because it's "new and improved." If so, don't be fooled because the 600 version works great -- and I'm very particular, believe me. It's a great product -- think Coach.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    MobileDave, That is a good assessment of the quality of the Covertec. I have a Coach purse and wallet, and the Covertec looks like it's part of the same line.
  10.    #10  
    For the ones who have ordered the Covertec side case where did you order it from? I'm trying to find it to purchase but Treo Central doesn't have any in stock. What are my other options?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I got mine from http://store.yahoo.com/pcsound/index.html . It was 19.95 + 8.62 shipping.

The 650 fits fine. Is the 650 a different size from the 600?

The quality is superb. One thing that is different from some side cases is that you still have access to the side buttons and headphone jack.

The magnetic catch is nice too.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    Yea i have. Actually i found out the answer as to why noone was replying to the case by E&B Co. I called them and that case isn't for the 650. As for the Covertec case, i ordered one yesterday but then cancelled it, b/c the rep was telling me that they should be expecting the horizontal case specifically for the Treo 650 in the next 2-3 weeks. So in the meantime i just bought the PalmOne Treo Side case. (the one with the word Treo on the bottom corner of the case.) Hopefully this will do the trick until i can order the one by Covertec. Any opinions on the Treo side case?
    Any word yet about the "new" case? I was thinking on buying one, but I'd rather wait for the official 650 case to come out.
    I am waiting for my E&B Copilot case & E-grips to be delivered. Should be here middle of next week. I chose it over the Covertec simply because of the belt loop. I have had nothing but bad luck with clips over the years breaking after a month. Just had the screw for my Innopocket clip totally strip out on the first day of use while pulling on a sweatshirt (I barely swiped it). So no more clips for me. The belt loop will hold the Treo firm against my body and help protect against theft (I go into some bad areas for work), piece of mind knowing that I don't have to keep checking to make sure its still there (just like my leatherman), no poking into my side and to minimize damage.
    Last edited by JerryP2375; 04/03/2005 at 02:09 PM.
    I have problems, occasionally, with my Covertec case falling off my belt. I wish the beltclip was a little more secure. I used to have a case from Nutshell for my Treo 300 which had a *very* secure beltclip but I don't like the case for my Treo 650 because it doesn't work as well as the Covertec for having the headset plugged in for listening to MP3's.
  15.    #15  
    Shonea,

No i haven't heard anything in regards to the case specifially for the Treo 650. I guess i'll just hold on the the Treo Side case a lil while longer until something comes available. All in all i love the Treo Side case. It's smaller than i thought the case would be. Also the Treo 650 itself is a lot smaller than i thought. When i have it on my hip i can hardly tell it's there. Also if i'm sitting down or sitting in my car, it doesn't get in the way at all. HOWEVER, the only thing i dislike about it, is the fact that you can only insert it one way. So if i set the ringer switch off, and while i'm loading it, i have to be careful when loading b/c it could move the switch back to on w/o knowing. I wear it on my right side.

Also what do yall mean when referring to the Covertec side case having a belt clip? You mean like the swivel clip? It doesn't go on the belt like the Treo side case?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    Shonea,
    Also what do yall mean when referring to the Covertec side case having a belt clip? You mean like the swivel clip? It doesn't go on the belt like the Treo side case?
    No, not a swivel clip, just a hard "hook" about an inch wide that goes over your belt.
    Have you considered the Krusell Horizontic S-Wide? I'm pretty happy with mine. You should be able to find out about it from the TreoCentral discussion forums; that's where I learned about it.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Can the Horizontic S-wide fit the treo 650 with a skin case?
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    http://www.krusell.se/product.php?pr...=1436&x=12&y=7

It looks pretty nice. And it has both clip option and belt loops. I just ordered a sena non flip magnetic phone case because i needed something to protect my phone without getting in the way. Also wanted something to easy to put in my pocket.

But I still was looking for a phone case that had a horizontal mount to attach to my belt when im at work. I think I may try this one out. I only wish the sena had a horizontal belt loop option.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimRohde
    I have problems, occasionally, with my Covertec case falling off my belt. I wish the beltclip was a little more secure. I used to have a case from Nutshell for my Treo 300 which had a *very* secure beltclip but I don't like the case for my Treo 650 because it doesn't work as well as the Covertec for having the headset plugged in for listening to MP3's.

My complaint exactly. I wish it had the nutshell clip on it. That is the best clip out there imo. I have had the covertec slip off my belt 8 or 10 times at least.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast