Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. DDD
    Has anyone noticed the increasing presence of the Treo 650 in TV shows? Just this week I saw it on House ( Nina, from 24), was using it for her work and actually emailed her assistant when she couldn't move her legs. Hallmark channels Mystery Theaters' Jane Doe with Lea Thompson was using her 650 camera for evidence retrieval and they were actually using the video feature to capture their interrogations.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I may have seen it once, but I usually see Blackberries. For absolute reliability, that's what I'd choose too...
    The character, Josh Lyman, on West Wing uses a Treo.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DDD
    Has anyone noticed the increasing presence of the Treo 650 in TV shows? Just this week I saw it on House ( Nina, from 24), was using it for her work and actually emailed her assistant when she couldn't move her legs.
    I was watching that same episode. I yelled at my girlfriend to come see that my phone's being used on T.V.!
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Jessica's husband Nick Lachey had one in the last episode on mtv... i pretty sure it was a 650 not a 600...
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Sloane has used a 650 several times on various episodes of "Alias". I noticed a few weeks ago. There might have been more appearances that I missed, but its so damn difficult to concentrate on anything other than the future Mrs. Doom, Jennifer Garner. Especially when she's wearing one of those little red punk rock wigs and a skimpy outfit. Mmmmm...Jennifer Garner *drool*.
    Also, I think I saw one on "Boston Legal" a few weeks ago.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    yea, i saw one on boston legal...
    i saw a treo 650 on some made for tv movie about a father and son team that went around killing middle aged women and taking their money- just the screen images weren't actual treo screens.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    yea, i saw one on boston legal...
    i saw a treo 650 on some made for tv movie about a father and son team that went around killing middle aged women and taking their money- just the screen images weren't actual treo screens.
    Made for TV movies rule! Except the ones on Lifetime. Damn Lifetime! Always teaching women about damn restraining orders.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    My wife reads People magazine and noticed in the latest issue that both Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have a Treo 650.
    <br>
    Ari, the agent from entourage, uses a Treo 650 as his "bat phone."
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Sloane has used a 650 several times on various episodes of "Alias". I noticed a few weeks ago. There might have been more appearances that I missed, but its so damn difficult to concentrate on anything other than the future Mrs. Doom, Jennifer Garner. Especially when she's wearing one of those little red punk rock wigs and a skimpy outfit. Mmmmm...Jennifer Garner *drool*.
    You can't have her, she's mine!
    I'm back!
    Treo 650 also seen on HBO's "Entourage" and also on the WB's "What I like About You".
    Seen two different people, on two different shows have Treo 600/650s on "Dinner for Five" on IFC.
    HP 95LX -> Newton 100 -> Palm III -> Handspring Platinum -> Treo 270 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    I see the Sidekick 2 in more TV shows/movies than other wireless devices with keyboards.

--Jas
    A couple nights ago, I saw a show about a rich couple with two spoiled teenage sons. One son turned 21 and had a huuuuge house party while the parents were out. When the parents came back home unexpectedly, the mom in the car was checking her messages on what appeared to be a Treo. They only showed the back side of the unit, so I couldn't tell which model, but I'm sure it was a Treo though.

I've also noticed that Cingular has commercials showcasing the Treo model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I've also noticed that Cingular has commercials showcasing the Treo model.
    Since I don't watch many TV shows, I've only seen a few mentioned here where an actor/actress is using the Treo but they are defintely out there.

What is also interesting to some degree is that of late in my travels around the US I'm seeing more and more Cingular and Verizon TV ads with smartphones featured. It seems Cingular is highlighting the Treo 650 while Verizon is highlighting the Samsung i730. Verizon does display the T650 in their ads, but prominently display the Samsung.

Also, most paper ads I've seen lately from Cingular or Cingular dealers are featuring the Moto Razr in Black. I have yet to see any large paper ad by a wireless carrier or dealer that features a smartphone, but I'm sure they are out there somewhere.
    I was watching SportsCenter earlier this week and noticed that many NBA ballerholics are rollin with the Treo. This particular episode featured the number one NFL sports agent Drew Rosenhaus (they reported he gets a 3% commission on deals and has done about $500,000,000 in deals thus far) They showed him on the phone in the shower, getting dressed, and driving mostly while on his Treo 650! I was yelling at the TV while my wife just rolled her eyes.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    That's awsome... here's a vote for the best name for a Treo!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    What's even better is that he uses a RAZR as his regular, more styish phone. The bat phone takes care of buisness.

BTW, the batman theme (na-na, na-na, na-na) would make an excellent ringtone.
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    You can't have her, she's mine!
    Sorry people she WANTS me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -g-
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast