Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    good luck, inqui-z-tor; let us know....
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Okay, here we go!
    Open Blazer and hit the menu key>options>preferences>advanced>memory management and than clear cookies.
    OK .. the display indicated 0 cookies .. but I cleared it anyway .. will have to see what happens as in my building it "shielded" to prevent any signals ...

I'll test and post results ..
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Here is what turbo tiger is suggesting. This should correct your problem.
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(29725),ts=Palm_External2001
    Will have to give this a try ... thanks ...
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mykidsdad
    what version software do you have?
    How do I check? I'm very new w/this .. and couldn't find the info in the manual.
  5.    #25  
    Anyway ... I also wanted to post a thank you for everyone who has exhibited a lot of patience with me in suggestions to help me w/my challenges ... it is appreciated ...
    Quote Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
    How do I check? I'm very new w/this .. and couldn't find the info in the manual.
    Go to your phone screen.
    Press "menu"
    Select "options"
    Select "Phone Info"
    Listed under Software

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #27  
    LOL ...

Treo600-1.20-SPR
    well, u have the current version then....hmmmm,bummer..... I was greatly annoyed by that issue also.Thank goodness it went away when I upgraded to the 650 2 weeks ago...
  9.    #29  
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(29725),ts=Palm_External2001

Ok .. went to that url .. followed the directions ... Web Cookies DOES NOT appear as an item for deletion??
    inqui-Z-tor, sounds like you have to take the Treo back to the vendor or whomever for a replacement. Show 'em this thread as proof of your troubleshooting. Or you can do a hard reset, if you haven't already.

If this is not possible, then you're fu- :-x.
    inqui-Zi-tor
    Let us know what happens if you do a hard reset. At the risk of stating the obvious, make sure you back up and/or hot sync before you do the hard reset.
    LOL
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03/23/2005 at 09:55 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  12.    #32  
    Did a hard reset (just a bit ago) .. and fortunately did a hot sync last nite .. will have to do it again tonite ...

If that doesn't work out .. will print out this thread ... and head to Sprint!

Thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
    Did a hard reset (just a bit ago) .. and fortunately did a hot sync last nite .. will have to do it again tonite ...

If that doesn't work out .. will print out this thread ... and head to Sprint!

Thanks all!
    Any luck inqui-Z-tor?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  14.    #34  
    Yes .. hot-sync'd at home .. lost some of the 3rd party programs that I beamed from my Treo300 (but mostly entertainment stuff, so not a biggie) .. but got all my contacts, memos, hot buttons (lol) back .. and websites WORK!

Thank you, and everyone else to provided guidance ... treocentral forum is awesome. As soon as I got my 600 .. I knew where to go to get the latest information!
    inqui_Z-tor,

Glad it worked out for you. Since you are a new Trep 600 user, I'd like to make a valuable suggestion.

Invest in a backup app. I use BackupMan ($10). I have it back up my Treo every night at 3:00 am. You can also do manual back ups. This app will allow you to restore you entire device (apps, files, settings/preferences) with one step, if you ever have to do a hard reset. You can also backup files selectively. Others use BackupBuddy

Of course you'll have to buy an SD card to store the back up but you can also move many but not all, apps, jpegs, games and dbs to the card.

But the backup app is a must. It will save you if you've away from your PC and have to do a hard reset.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  16.    #36  
    I appreciate the recommendation. I'll look at both BackupMan and BackupBuddy applications.

I probably should start another thread .. but I'll ask here .. regarding SD card(s).

1- What's the recommended size .. is 1G really necessary? I haven't decided between going for 1G vs 512MB card.

2- Just from my initial looks .. theres 1G ultras which I presume are "faster" than the other 1G memories. Are the "ultras" more suited to game playing, or music playing or for pics?

3- Regarding the backup card .. do you recommend a SD just for backups, and then having another for "data"?? What size backup is recommended?

Thanks ...
    I use a 512MB for both BackupMan & all of my apps. I just leave mine in all the time. Since prices have come down, I'd probably pop for the 1G.

I would do a search here on TreoCentral-much has been discussed about Ultra vs standard and cards in general.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12