1.    #1  
    Since this d*mn thing resets itself habitually, I'm sick of hearing the shutdown and startup chime incessantly and at the least opportune moments. Is there anywhere to shut this baby up other than turning off all sounds with the switch on the top? (Cingular subsidy Treo 650).
    Good question. I would love to know the answer to this one too. I posted the same question some time ago in the Splash Screen Mod thread, but nobody had an answer. A fun alternative to turning it off is to have a customizable tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    Since this d*mn thing resets itself habitually, I'm sick of hearing the shutdown and startup chime incessantly and at the least opportune moments. Is there anywhere to shut this baby up other than turning off all sounds with the switch on the top? (Cingular subsidy Treo 650).
    That's the only way I know, but the switch is handy enough that it's hardly a bother. Set the option for alarms and ringer to vibrate when the sound is turned off, and you should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Try turning System Volume off. Works for me and other alerts and tones still work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Good question. I would love to know the answer to this one too. I posted the same question some time ago in the Splash Screen Mod thread, but nobody had an answer. A fun alternative to turning it off is to have a customizable tone.
    How do you use a customizable tone ?
    Is it possible to change it ? (I would love to use a lightsaber on/off sound for these tones)
    turning the system volume off will work but if you use headphones of any sort the system sounds come back even when set to off.. that's even using the palm hybrid headset so this really is an issue that should be looked into...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    How do you use a customizable tone ?
    Is it possible to change it ? (I would love to use a lightsaber on/off sound for these tones)
    anyone kind enough to answer this ?
    thx
    I don't believe it's possible. I think GalenMD meant that it would be a nice option, not that it can be done now.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    You can turn off the system sounds but (for me) I was no longer able to hear email alerts from SnapperMail. So I live with the hello/goodbye chimes. Things are made worse by the fact that on my system, the chime is VERY loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    You can turn off the system sounds but (for me) I was no longer able to hear email alerts from SnapperMail. So I live with the hello/goodbye chimes. Things are made worse by the fact that on my system, the chime is VERY loud.
    I wish that the volume on the mediocre speakerphone was as loud as the on/off chimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy

I got annoyed with being woken up during meetings when the phone rebooted so I wrote this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73080
    Dude, you're treating the symptom here, not the cause.

First order of business, here, should be to determine what you've done or installed to your 650 to cause all these restarts. I run a wide variety of software on mine (Zlauncher 5, Snappermail, etc.) and I can't remember the last time my phone rebooted itself.

I'd take the phone back to basics, and install one app at a time until I found the offending one that's causing your restarts.

Just a suggestion. Hope you get it fixed.
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    You can turn off the system sounds but (for me) I was no longer able to hear email alerts from SnapperMail. So I live with the hello/goodbye chimes...
    That's why I use Butler. By setting an Attention Grabber alert tied to the Attention Manager, I can keep System Sounds off and still be notified of Snapper's having received mail.