Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi all -

The latest version I had on my Treo 650 was the first official released version...I've been too busy to download a newer version. I started getting the /R thing at the bottom where it wouldn't connect anymore, so I downloaded the newest released version and hit the reset/upgrade option. I started the treo back up and now whenever I click on Chatter it does a reset of the Treo and a ##377 shows "chatter....fatal exception." I just want to start over and maybe I have a corrupt file somewhere. When I go to "app" and "delete" and try to get rid of chatter it says "unable to delete chatter" because, although I can't get to it without rebooting, it IS running in the background (I hear the dings as it gets mail). Any ideas?

Michael
    try doing a system (warm) reset, which prevents applications from loading at startup

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(887)

or search on "hard reset" on the www.palmone.com/support site and view the "Resetting Your Device" help topic
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I did that to get out of the loop, but didn't think about deleting chatter after a warm reset. That might work and then I'll just start over and download the full version again....thanks. It is nice to know that IMAP access means you're never losing any data.
    also... when upgrading, you should invoke the reset/upgrade selection in chatter, let the treo reset, then upgrade your chatter version. That will stop chatter from auto-starting and allow the new version to replace the old.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    You could also use the Reset/Upgrade command (this prevents Chatter from automatically being loaded after the reset) and then after the reset is complete delete Chatter, do another reset (just to be sure it's all cleaned out) and then install the new version.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.