1.    #1  
    I have two bluetooth devices both trying to connect to my Treo 650. One always wins; but I want the other one to take priority.

How does the Treo 650 determine which device should successfully connect to it? Is there a way to change the priority so that the other device wins?
    Probably just make sure the 'secondary' device is turned off until the 'primary' has connected and is functional.

Does the 650 disconnect the 'primary' under this scenario?
  3.    #3  
    I'd love to...unfortunately the primary device is my CarKit and there's no way to turn it off. That's why I'm trying to figure a way to connect it to any other device.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    I'd love to...unfortunately the primary device is my CarKit and there's no way to turn it off. That's why I'm trying to figure a way to connect it to any other device.

And you're trying to have something connect BT other than your Carkit while you're sitting in the car?
    It's a rather complicated story based on expected usages and the fact that you may be connecting two devices of the same profile type. Carkits tend to use the handsfree profile. Headsets tend to use the headset profile but some also use the handsfree.

If you place your Treo into a car cradle of some kind, other Bluetooth connections are diabled. So turning on the car makes the handfree profile the dominant one.
    Otherwise the priority is the last connected device, followed by pairing order (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK).

My guess is that you would have to either unpair the car (using the trusted list on the 650) or connect the other headset prior to starting the car.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    My carkit also wins most of the time. I have a 04 Acura TL and the Treo bluetooth headset. The Acura always takes over when I get in the car, which is the way I want it. A couple of times the phone has locked up, but it hasn't done that in the last couple of days. I think the reason the carkit wins is because it maintains a constant connection because the signal strength and battery show up on the car. They really don't show up, but the icons do.

Joe
  7.    #7  
    Yes, but I also have a bluetooth GPS that I use for navigation. How do I get that to work?

As for connecting before turning on the car, that works very rarely. I can't pull over, then connect, even -- the car leaves the bluetooth on for half an hour after turning off the car to allow you to continue conversations. If I had to get directions somewhere, I'd have to pull over, get out of the car and walk outside of bluetooth range, connect the devices, and walk back in. Even then, the CarKit takes over as soon as I step into the car.

The only thing that works is unpairing the devices, then re-pairing when I'm done. Unfortunately, there's a bug in the Acura (which they have yet to acknowledge) by which their system crashes if you do that. You have to completely reset their system, losing all your settings, in order to re-add a device you've deleted. SIgh.