1.    #1  
    Hoping I'm not completely wrong, but I seem to remember that World Clock (included with the 650) displayed a map of the world with daylight/darkness indication.

My "upgrade" from the 600 didn't go so well, so I ended up deleting a few things manually, and wonder if I didn't inadvertently delete the world map.

Anyone know where it is, or how I can recover it without having to perform a hard reset or other similar drastic measures?

(I know, I know, deleting stuff manually *is* drastic....)

SMSD
    Cannot tell you how you managed that one, but World Clock is in ROM and you cannot delete it... and I don't see an option to hide/display world map... you have an odd situation there.
    Yikes. Make sure you don't leave your location till you get it back. Dont want to get lost, even though it's a small world after all.

Seriously though, this is a weird one. Might want to try a reset if you haven't tried that yet. Like they said above, it is in ROM so the map is there somewhere.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    i wondered if they have two different world clocks. my wifes treo 650 never had the map mine always did. both version numbers are the same. i dont know if they have two world clocks or what
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    this is world clock w/map and sunrise/sunset

i noticed my wifes treo (without map) doesnt have sunrise and sunset options
    Attached Files Attached Files

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I had the same experience. When I first got my Treo 650 it had the map with the shaded representation of day and night. Sometime during the process of moving everything from my Tungsten C the clock program became text only. It's not a big deal, but I would love to understand why and how to get it back. Soft reset doesn't help and I'm not anxious to do a hard reset to find out.

Ken
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aultk
    Sometime during the process of moving everything from my Tungsten C the clock program became text only. It's not a big deal, but I would love to understand why and how to get it back.
    My guess is that you've installed the Tungsten WorldClock in RAM, taking precedence over the Treo 650 one in ROM. Try deleting it (which will only affect the one in RAM).
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    While we're on the subject. My Treo 600 was capable fo showing 6 different citities. This was useful for someone who talks all over the world (amateur radio geek... another subject). I noticed that the World clock on my 650 on has 2 city capability. Bummer! Anyone know if it can be changed to show more than the 2 cities?

BTW Plaut, your kid looks tougher than mine ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by plaut
    My guess is that you've installed the Tungsten WorldClock in RAM, taking precedence over the Treo 650 one in ROM. Try deleting it (which will only affect the one in RAM).
    Well - I find World clock in App/Info (64k), but it is not there in App/Delete so I don't know how to delete it. In App/Info there is only one version of World Clock listed and that is version 2.0.1

Your suggestion sounds good, but I don't know how to do it - and there is no evidence of two versions installed.

I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    While we're on the subject. My Treo 600 was capable fo showing 6 different citities. This was useful for someone who talks all over the world (amateur radio geek... another subject). I noticed that the World clock on my 650 on has 2 city capability. Bummer! Anyone know if it can be changed to show more than the 2 cities?

BTW Plaut, your kid looks tougher than mine ;-)
    You can touch the map on the screen and local times in cities all over the world pop up.
    I am having the exact same issue after moving from a Tungsten T to a Treo 650. Shiny new World Clock is gone, plain old clock won't delete. Any help on this????
    after updating to 1.12 sprint the world maps shows again

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I use City Time, a great program that shows the world where it's dark and it's light.
    Updated to Verizon 1.03 and.........still plain old text World Clock. In the end, it's not a big deal....but it would be a flash feature to have back again.
    I've seen "Filez" mentioned in other forums a few times. Might that be of any help to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by tech12
    I've seen "Filez" mentioned in other forums a few times. Might that be of any help to me?
    I don't know if that's going to help you with the world clock problem....but, it's alright. Resco Explorer is MUCH better, though...it has a built-in zip utility, and backup utility as well. It's one of the best tools you can buy for your phone.

LINK: http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/

Hmm...I got it when it was $12, but it's still worth $15...prolly more, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    this is world clock w/map and sunrise/sunset

i noticed my wifes treo (without map) doesnt have sunrise and sunset options

Has anyone tried these files? Are they both necessary or is this a selection? If so, what is the difference?
    Had the same problem of the disappearing/missing World Clock map on the Treo 650. Used FileProg (you can use FileZ) to delete the following file: locLCusLocationDB.PDB

The great map came back up! However, I don't know if there are any negative repercussions from eliminating the file.

Good luck!
    Yes, it worked to me too, thanks!
    I made a backup of this file to card before deleting...

Jorge
    GREAT DISCOVERY... thanks to both of you for being brave enough to make this find. Now I'm operational with all my old data