1.    #1  
    Any thoughts?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I looked at this phone briefly before going with a Treo. One was the grayness of the operating system. I couldn't find out what this thing ran on, and I like PalmOS because of all of the software available.

And I don't trust myself with a "flip" style keyboars. Being a 2 thumb masher, I would't give the rest of the phone the support it needs. In short, I know I'd break it.

But it is cool looking...........
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Software.
    the SE 910a is a great machine...but the thumb-board is apparently useless and well adding 850, making the screen 262k, and increasing the max duo size it can handle does not justify its existance
    here's a thought
    1gb sd card will probably set you back around 60-70bucks the most, unless you're getting the 60x speed, which would probably cost you close to 100

1gb ms stick duo? around 250bucks?

thumboard on p910? its a dumb-board, useless

thumboard on t650? essential

no, i don't hate SE at all, i love their products, its just that p910 doesn't suit me at all
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I had one of these silly devices and got rid of it, quickly. I sold it within a week of receiving it. Everything that is easy to do on the Treo was hard to do on that device, making me regret selling the Treo to get it. I bought another Treo 600 and was much happier...and have stayed that way ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    I looked at this phone briefly before going with a Treo. One was the grayness of the operating system. I couldn't find out what this thing ran on, and I like PalmOS because of all of the software available.

And I don't trust myself with a "flip" style keyboars. Being a 2 thumb masher, I would't give the rest of the phone the support it needs. In short, I know I'd break it.

But it is cool looking...........
    It runs on Symbian OS, which something like 80% of cell phones run on, like all Nokia's. There is plenty of software for it. True a lot less software than for Palm but you'll find all essentials. There's nothing "gray" about it's OS.

However the Treo is a way better design and I have to agree others the stupid thumb keyboard on the 910a is useless. I played with one so this is based on personal experience. I'm extremely happy with my 650 and right now I don't see another smart phone on the market that's as good. I spent a lot of time shopping around and I considered a lot of different options.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Any thoughts?
    You might try asking the same question on a P9xx board some place.
    The general opinion of people who've lived with both, is that the P9xx is better if you want a phone first, and a PDA second. The Treo is better if you want a PDA first, and a phone second.

I'm currently a Treo user, so you know where I stand, but I do miss certain elements of the P910. I still can't get increasing ring volume (start with vibrate and increase volume with each ring) on my Treo without an extra app, and the only ones that do this apparently only do it with mp3 ringtones. My P910 did this out of the box. The jog dial on the P910 is also way cool. Although the D-pad on the Treo is cool for some things, the jog dial was much better for scrolling though the list of contacts, for example. Bluetooth support is also much better on the P910.

Obviously, the Treo has much more software available, and ultimately provides a more polished UI. Although, the P910 did have some nice support out of the box that the Treo doesn't have (AAC & mp4 support, for example).

Alas, there is still room out there for a more perfect device than either of them.

- k
    one is a smartphone (phone with PDA capability) and the second one is PDA phone (PDA with the phone capability). you can't really compare products that are not in the same category.
    no doubt the P910a is a very cool device...just like the big brother the P900...but the treo 600 and 650 dwarfs the 9x0's usefulness any day of the week
    I don't own a P910 but I got the Sony Ericsson stereo headset that is designed for the P900/910 a few days ago. It uses the same 2.5mm headset jacket as the Treo 650 and has worked flawlessly on my 650. A nice headset with answering/hangup button near the mic while providing very decent stereo sound for MP3s.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I had a P900 and liked it. However, I had too much information in various Palm OS based apps and couldn't find a suitable replacement in Symbian OS based apps. So, I carried around both my P900 and my Tungsten C.

The screen on the P900 can't compare to the Treo in size and resolution. I also had this weird problem with the voice dialer. If someone on the radio said "Jim" it would dial my buddy Jim at home. It was supposed to only react to my voice with the key word but it dialed anyway.

So, I sold it and waited for the Treo 650 and couldn't be happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    I don't own a P910 but I got the Sony Ericsson stereo headset that is designed for the P900/910 a few days ago. It uses the same 2.5mm headset jacket as the Treo 650 and has worked flawlessly on my 650. A nice headset with answering/hangup button near the mic while providing very decent stereo sound for MP3s.
    Do you have a link or a picture of the headset? I tried research, but came up short of what you mentioned.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Keysesoze,

I just noticed that you are in China. I would like to know if you could find more accessories for treo 650 in Beijing. Did you get your headset in Beijing too? What is market like for your 650? Is it convenient to use in Chinese? I donít use a lot in Chinese but would like to put one or two stable apps in so I can read Chinese when needed. My hubby is going to Guangzhou in the summer and would love to have him picked up some accessories there for me.
    I know it is more questions than I thought I would ask. This is my first smart phone and still trying to get used to it.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by greathome
    Hi Keysesoze,

I just noticed that you are in China. I would like to know if you could find more accessories for treo 650 in Beijing. Did you get your headset in Beijing too? What is market like for your 650? Is it convenient to use in Chinese? I donít use a lot in Chinese but would like to put one or two stable apps in so I can read Chinese when needed. My hubby is going to Guangzhou in the summer and would love to have him picked up some accessories there for me.
    I know it is more questions than I thought I would ask. This is my first smart phone and still trying to get used to it.

Thanks.
    Hi,

I did a quick search for the Sony Ericsson headset and this is the best I could find. It doesn't show the whole thing (plug and wires missing) but you get the idea:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/2252.htm

I got this headset thanks to a friend of mine who works at SE but it's not difficult to find in the local market. My Treo 650 was purchased in Hong Kong where it came with an excellent Chinese add-on called CJKOS. It adds Chinese capabilities to the Treo and has been very stable. I use it for SMS and e-mail messages written in Chinese. And of course Chinese e-books, too.

As for Treo-specific accessories Beijing is not the best place to shop. I got some of my accessories from overseas vendors (Treocentral store for the spare battery, DOML for the Martin Fields ultra-clear screen protectors, Boxwave for the skin case, etc.) but in Hong Kong you can find some good buys (screen protectors, styli, cases, etc.).

Hope this helps.

KS
    Thanks KS
    I guess HK is the place for the new gadgets and accessories. I ordered a silicon case there but havenít received yet. It should be here in the coming days. I would like to check out CJKOS. Do you have a link to CJKOS? Chinese e-books, sounds good but I am not there yet. Hopefully in the near future I can find time to enjoy that.
    Very appreciate your help. Have a great night of resting.
    Last edited by greathome; 03/21/2005 at 09:46 AM.