1.    #1  
    I'm seeing strange behavior from my Treo 650 after waking up from power saving mode. It doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be annoying. I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing similar behavior.

I will power up using one of the application buttons or the power button and the keyboard will not respond to presses. Eventually it will start responding but after a long delay (at which point it starts doing all the presses I just did). Sometimes, to make it even more annoying, the center button of the 5-way will trigger the Menu button instead of doing what it is supposed to do.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Am I going to have to return a 2nd 650?

thx
    andy
    When waking up from a button press, the 650 needs to initialize some data, and the process of reading fron NVFS to RAM is probably causing the delay. Can anything be done about it? Probably not... it's the nature of the beast I'm afraid.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    Sounds like a faster SD card could fix the problem. I bought a 1G card from the treocentral store.

Is there a util for testing SD card speed or an article that discusses which brands have the best SD cards?
    Your sd card has nothing to do with the problem that you've described.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    My Treo used to be slow to respond... now it doesn't respond at all to the keyboard or center button(s) after hitting one of the phone buttons to turn it on. It does respond to the touchscreen however.

When I try to hotsynch, it says "Unable to initialize HotSynch operation because the port is in use by another application.

It eventually starts responding again... hours later, and sometimes I can get it to hotsynch.

This is beyond a nuisance... It renders my phone completely unusable most of the time.

I've tried everything I can think of, including a hard reset.

Time to take it back to Sprint, or does anyone know of a fix?

TIA,
    LiL