Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

68 85.00%
  • NO.

12 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you have time and space, please explain why. Thank you in advance.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Better camera, better screen, faster processor, bluetooth...
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    does it worth?
  4.    #4  
    What about bugs?
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    no bugs in mine...yes, "it does worth"
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    Better camera, better screen, faster processor, bluetooth...
    took the words right outta my mouth
    absoluty, i just recently upgraded from the 600 to the 650 and the screen is just incredible and the real player media player with its video play back is a real nice touch. plus it comes with a boat load of awesome features
    No, not at least the GSM version on Cingular. Been through two 650's, neither of which would work w/o freezes or resets. I've tried both them after a hard reset, before even sync'ing with my PC. Still no joy. Damn, love the features, maybe I'll try a Verizon CDMA version when it's available?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It improves upon all of my complaints about the Treo 600, so I say yes, it is worth it. It is not worth the $699 PalmOne wants to charge for an unlocked version, but at $400-500, it is worth it. It does have new problems though, and they make it less desirable for some users, so keep that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
    No, not at least the GSM version on Cingular.
    I know these forums amplify the angst, but I'm getting the drift that this is the right sentiment. I'm a Treo devotee, having had every model along the way, but the tales I'm hearing of daily+ resetting, resetting on receiving calls, etc. make it seem the 650 just isn't ready for primetime. I'm on my 6th Treo600, all under warranty and have no interest in repeating that process with additional software unreliability.

Please tell me I'm wrong!

-Curt
    A previous poll that asked as similar question and has similar results:
    Treo 600 to Treo 650 upgraders, would you do it knowing what you know now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
    No, not at least the GSM version on Cingular. Been through two 650's, neither of which would work w/o freezes or resets.
    If you get one that crashes with the HALRadioAcDc error, it has a hardware problem - don't even bother trying to fix it, just have them ship a replacement. And keep doing so until you get one that doesn't.

It took me a while to realize that it was a hardware problem, but once I got a replacement, it's been all sunshine and roses since then. Apparently some folks get a good unit right from the start; conversely some have to exchange more than once to get a good one.

Granted, PalmOne's quality control should be catching these before they get dispatched, and it's annoying to be doing their job for them, but if you persist you'll get a good one eventually.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    A few minor bugs, but THE SCREEN!! That alone makes it worth the switch. The only "major" problem I'm having with mine is I seem to have one of the defective earpiece jacks. I'm going to call P1 tomorrow - from what I understand, they will replace it. Mine is a Cingular branded model. I'm not using BT yet as I've been waiting for the Jabra BT800. Now that it is out and apparently a huge flop for the Treo, I'm getting the SE HBH660. I can't wait to try it out. I love the camera, higher res screen, just found out about playing movies with built in software (not having to buy a bunch of 3rd party stuff - I'll be trying that out this week, too), and the form factor is slightly improved. I love mine, and I came from a 600. The problems I've had have been insignificant.
    Vince
    Goodlink Darnell.

This question has been asked a few times- but never gets old - the answer is consistantly yes!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I haven't heard anyone mention this yet....
    My 600 had really anemic ringtones. The 650 has nice, loud MIDI ringtones. Even my homebrew MIDI ringtones are loud. On the 650 I can hear my phone ring without the loudness turned up to 7
    mine's been working great with no resets or lockups.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    Goodlink Darnell.

This question has been asked a few times- but never gets old - the answer is consistantly yes!
    Damn right!
    Last edited by finger; 03/21/2005 at 11:38 AM.
  18. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Absolutely. The screen alone was enough for me.

Try it out. PalmOne and Cingular have a 30 day no questions asked return policy.
    Three Reasons:

1. Screen resolution. - It is hard to believe we put up with the crap Treo600 screen. After using the Treo650 for a few hrs it is torture to even have to look at the Treo600 screen.

2. Bluetooth (although Bluetooth 1.2 would have been better) - Can't imagine a phone without this anymore.

3. Camera - The camera on the Treo600 was so bad that I preferred to think of the Treo 600 being cameraless.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Add to that the faster processor. Far less skipping with low bandwidth streaming because of that. And basically all apps, vids, music, games, etc. run faster/better thanks to that.

Nicer interface. More built-in apps including the camcorder. More configurable buttons. Removable battery. No loss of data. Easier to press reset button if needed .

Its all just better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast