View Poll Results: Does it?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

68 85.00%
  • NO.

12 15.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    definitely better screen. my husband uses the 600 and i use the 650. gawd, i can't use his 600 at all!

plus, i think the keyboard is more friendly. you have to press the buttons harder on the 600, or at least that's how i feel about it.
    Just following up. I did go ahead and upgrade and am satisfied I did. I do seem to get one odd crash a day (with no added software). But the speed, resolution, and improved audio make it worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tami
    definitely better screen. my husband uses the 600 and i use the 650. gawd, i can't use his 600 at all!

plus, i think the keyboard is more friendly. you have to press the buttons harder on the 600, or at least that's how i feel about it.
    Oh yeah? Well when I used your Treo 650 my ear would hang up the phone. At least until you locked the screen during calls
    Quote Originally Posted by finger
    If you have time and space, please explain why. Thank you in advance.
    No, it is not worth it, especially if you got your 600 for $200 and a 650 will cost a lot more than that.
    no one mentioned the better keyboard backlighting? or the separate "call" and "end" keys?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Three Reasons:

1. Screen resolution. - It is hard to believe we put up with the crap Treo600 screen. After using the Treo650 for a few hrs it is torture to even have to look at the Treo600 screen.

2. Bluetooth (although Bluetooth 1.2 would have been better) - Can't imagine a phone without this anymore.

3. Camera - The camera on the Treo600 was so bad that I preferred to think of the Treo 600 being cameraless.
    I find irony that your post is Pro 650 but your sig tells all the problems your having with it

Personally I'm still with a 600, cant cost jusitfy an upgrade already
    Pete
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    The answer to the question is YES if you have unlimited cash on hand. If you are asking whether it is a good value, the answer is NO. At this point, Palm has decided that giving you less than a stellar upgrade is justified so you will salivate for the next model. A 32 MB built-in RAM was beyond assinine. You need at least 4-6 MB free to run applications effectively and it is preferable that they are in the device and not in an SD card, if they work at all with an SD card.

Having used a Treo 600 for a while, the screen is not the best but certainly far more adequate than I thought. Having better looking pictures and movies is not really the central function of the phone, albeit a nice feature. The replaceable battery is excellent but I'll concede that battery life with the 600 was far better than I imagined it would be. A have yet to use the external battery I bought.

The camera is better on the 650 but only marginally so. It still takes photos at a pathetic, 640 x 480 resolution. No flash either, although I wouldn't use my camera for pictures, but nice to have if it doesn't add bulk. The bluetooth is OK and I wouldn't say it's mind boggling but again, a nice feature.

Having the new chip in there is a reason to upgrade. However, the limited RAM seriously detracts from the ability to use it. Applications are larger. Many report crashes with existing software. If you have a 600 I would probably stick with it for a while until (1) the bugs are worked out internally (2) bugs are worked out so apps from an SD card can be used without problem. By that time one can hope that Palm will rectify the marketing disaster by adding in a 64 MB chip for the chump change it would have cost. It will probably result in a new model number...
    I returned two Cingular very reset ridden, got two more, were very good, seldom reset. Wanted dimable keyboard and dun unlocked, got to P1 unbranded, so far everything is good. Still occasional reset, still volume issues from time to time. Still worth it for screen resolution, camera, bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Easier to press reset button if needed
    Actually that was actually simpler and easier with the Treo 600 where you did not have to open a battery cover each time you had to reset.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Actually that was actually simpler and easier with the Treo 600 where you did not have to open a battery cover each time you had to reset.
    To each their own. I hated having to get that little pointer off the stylus to poke in the little hole. I prefer the cover and a button that can be pressed with the tip of my stylus or any ball point pen.
    I had a 600 and love my GSM Cingular 650. Not a single problem I have been using it in Argentina and Brasil this week and it has worked flawlessly!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrapinStation
    Oh yeah? Well when I used your Treo 650 my ear would hang up the phone. At least until you locked the screen during calls
    for some reason, that is not happening anymore (and my screen is not locked). maybe that problem just "went away" -- or maybe the bluetooth headset was a really good investment.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12