1.    #1  
    Those VoiceSignal VoiceDial users who went through the Cingular Firmware update using the traditional Hotsync method (not a 3rd party restore):

Do you have VoiceDial anymore?

Probably not: Which explains a lot of the memory gain :-)

VoiceDial is not backed up by Hotsync. From the VoiceDial page:

"NOTE: Treo Voice Dialing will NOT be backed up to your PC during HotSync. Please keep the original downloaded file on your PC in the event you need to reinstall it."

Reinstall the application. I still have a net memory gain, but not much...

I created a new thread on this, as the other thread is getting long and ignored by many ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Worse, for Mac users, it'll cause the Treo to hang after HotSync, requiring a friggin' reset. Totally weak. Bad testers, bad!
    Did the update bash your paid VoiceDial registration (since there seems to be no way of writing down any code given the obscure way it gets registered)?
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Did the update bash your paid VoiceDial registration (since there seems to be no way of writing down any code given the obscure way it gets registered)?
    Not for me, it didn't. Your code, though, was sent to you be e-mail, along with instructions for what to do if you get a new device for any reason.
  5.    #5  
    Me neither. I re-downloaded the prc file and installed it. It seems to be already registered (no place to enter the code that I got by e-mail ..).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    the code is preserved in the "saved preferences" file
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    If you also navigate to PalmOne's shopping site, you may be able to find it there, though not at Handango, which is the same commerce engine PalmOne's store runs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    I received an e-mail with a 4 digit code which I just saved as a text file on my laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Probably not: Which explains a lot of the memory gain :-)
    I measured my memory gain after reinstalling and I am still, having added 3 or 4 apps since then, about 3 MB more than before the update (15MB free). One thing though is that Voice Dial seems to "grow". I swear that I remember it taking up close to 3MB before I did the update (as reported by PowerRun) and after reintsalling it was only 1 MB. Yesterday it was up to 1.8......today 1.9