• Occasionally Helpful

33 22.30%
  • Doesn't do much but a cool toy

2 1.35%
  • Useless...old pen and paper wins!

1 0.68%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by viziblenoize
    You got it! I'm impressed. Most people look like I'm certifiablly insane when I ask permission to place my phone to their loved ones back! I naturally play them back the sound....and then, just like that, I'm a genius!!!
    I'm going to have to try this out. In the privacy of my home first of course so I don't look crazy if I can't get it to work at first. This could make my life a lot easier when I'm trying to explain my auscultation findings to my preceptor.

How is the sound quality? Do you have to turn the gain way up?
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    Treodoc: I agree with your analysis of the dead zones, but there is no way as an OB we can go 45 or even 20 minutes without being able to be reached. Our state guidlines require 5 minute response time for an emergency.....and they monitor this monthly. I would miss a lot of deliveries (and fetal distress) with that kind of delay!!
    I get you. My wife is an OB so I am well aware of the response needed in your field. Us lunkhead bone docs don't need to have quite the rapid response times :-). A pager circuit would be great..even if a special addition. I would pay a premium for that level of functioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by viziblenoize
    You got it! I'm impressed. Most people look like I'm certifiablly insane when I ask permission to place my phone to their loved ones back! I naturally play them back the sound....and then, just like that, I'm a genius!!!

I am curious. What program do you use as a sound recorder.

S
    From epocrates:Discussion Thread

Response (Shana Chisholm) 04/04/2005 09:14 AM

Thanks for your message and the additional details on your configuration.

Our engineers have discovered the problem, and are working rapidly to issue a fix.

Please hang in there, and we will update you shortly.
    Treodoc.....I agree. I wonder if someone could come up with a creative add on to do that??
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    Treodoc.....I agree. I wonder if someone could come up with a creative add on to do that??
    I would pop the back of my Treo...void the warranty...if someone could give me an alpha pager circuit...would make me less nervous when I am in the movie theater :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssandhaus
    I have learned that my occasional unexpected reboots have to do with Epocrates. I've found that if I run Epocrates, then turn the screen off with the red phone button, the system does a warm reboot every time. I'll have to check this out some more and see if there are any fixes. I haven't read through all the messages here to see if there is one identified already.

Sandy
    Ditto, I have this problem each and every time I use Epocrates Pro. For the amount of money they charge, this should be fixed ASAP or we should complain heavily.
    Has anybody noticed a rather short battery life? Basically I need to charge my Treo every night. If I take a 24 call shift is is dead by 30-36 hrs. I.e. I often can't use it during meeting post call? Anybody seen this ?
    Wittidoc- I had similar batttery life problem. Lots of discussion about this. I bought a new battery 1900 mAh, it helped a bit but still drained fast. After reading forums, I figured out my problem- pocket tunes was continuously running even when no song was playing. Only way to tell was the scrolling song title. So in background preferences I disabled enable background play and now the battery works much better.
    If you don't have ptunes, STF for battery and see if you can find the thread. There are lots of other suggestions to try.

Ron H
    This seemed like a good thread for this question:

Anyone out there have experience with VONAGE internet telephone? I'm thinking of getting it for my practice- I'm tired of $500 monthly phone bills. Anyway, there is an option for voicemail that can send a message to your computer via E-mail. So I'm thinking, why not to my TREO too? After hours and on weekends, might it be possible to have the voicemail calls to the office forwarded to a TREO? I could finally unload my pathetic answering service AND my pager!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

p.s. I too have the dreaded Epocrates (Pro) soft reset problem since my 1.08 update. Gotten to the point where I keep my old T3 in my lab coat specifically for using Epocrates.
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by VueDoc

Anyone out there have experience with VONAGE internet telephone? I'm thinking of getting it for my practice- I'm tired of $500 monthly phone bills. Anyway, there is an option for voicemail that can send a message to your computer via E-mail. So I'm thinking, why not to my TREO too? After hours and on weekends, might it be possible to have the voicemail calls to the office forwarded to a TREO? I could finally unload my pathetic answering service AND my pager!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

p.s. I too have the dreaded Epocrates (Pro) soft reset problem since my 1.08 update. Gotten to the point where I keep my old T3 in my lab coat specifically for using Epocrates.
    Vonage may work for you . I believe it would depend on the complexity of your phone service. Perhaps taking the busiest lines and putting them on Vonage may be helpful. I do use a toll free system (www.callmykate.com) which takes the message or locates me(will call home, cell and office simultaneously)...if it takes a message it pages me to let me know there is a message that I can call in and listen to and it sends the message to my and my assistants email as an mpeg. I open the messages and play them on the treo in seconds. No calling in to hear the message and it is stored on the card for further reference. If you dial in to listen to the message you simply say "return the call" and it will call the party that left the message nicely blocking the number from which you are calling. It is great if you are in a poor signal area as you can call into the system and tell it to reach you at the nearest phone. In a month I use it costs me about 1/5 of my answering service and there are no issues lost in translation between patient, service and myself.
    I have ATTcallvantage at home.
    It is cheaper, digitalized, can track all calls and voice mails in any computer.
    There are 3 minor problems with it:
    1. You always have to dial the area code even if you call your neighbor.
    2.sometimes calls are not clear and interrupt, (not often)
    3.You can not receive or send faxes automatically.
    Otherwise you would not know it is not a land line.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VueDoc

Anyone out there have experience with VONAGE internet telephone? I'm thinking of getting it for my practice- I'm tired of $500 monthly phone bills.
    I have vonage at home and it works well. That being said it does not come near traditional phone service when it comes to reliability. Ask yourself this question- at home if you service goes down for 3-4 hours is it a big deal?- now ask the same question for your practice. A final consideration is that it is near impossible to get any customer service out of vonage
  14.    #174  
    Anyone using the Treo to help with billing. My staff and I have developed a system as soon as I have billed the case using the software on the Treo...it gets emailed (cpt/icd combo's, name,ins etc to my billing person. No more slips of paper and lost charges!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDoc
    Anyone using the Treo to help with billing. My staff and I have developed a system as soon as I have billed the case using the software on the Treo...it gets emailed (cpt/icd combo's, name,ins etc to my billing person. No more slips of paper and lost charges!!!
    What software are you using? Custom? I had written a program using AppForge awhile back. Group trouble because it required everyone sync to the same computer. When someone would stop by the smaller hospital going home for an admission it would not be on the main list in the morning.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I got my phone 12/04 and loaded the then free "win-hand "so that I could remotely configure my desk top at home for "on call" teleradiology while I was still at work and view screen shots of cases sent to my home computer. The resolution was excellent though viewing images was more of a gimick given the relative slow nature of this method. Win-hand is now a fee based program and I don't recommend it. I would be interested if anyone has worked out a way to view CT / MR images on the T650 remotely in a more efficient way. I have found the PDA functions especially helpful as we seard for a PACS vendor.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotoru
    What software are you using? Custom? I had written a program using AppForge awhile back. Group trouble because it required everyone sync to the same computer. When someone would stop by the smaller hospital going home for an admission it would not be on the main list in the morning.
    We use MDCoder www.mobiledesigntech.com . Has basic demographics and all of the CPT's and related ICD's for various specialites. Nice drilldown that gets you to the correct codes and modifiers. We sync to the same machine so all info is stored. Usually the billing slips have been emailed to our biller from the OR after or in between cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDoc
    We use MDCoder www.mobiledesigntech.com . Has basic demographics and all of the CPT's and related ICD's for various specialites. Nice drilldown that gets you to the correct codes and modifiers. We sync to the same machine so all info is stored. Usually the billing slips have been emailed to our biller from the OR after or in between cases.
    I have been thinking of trying this again. I tried a couple years ago and found it a clunky way to find codes and I didn't like inputting the patient demographics for each consult and case.

Is it easier to find and link codes now?

Is there a rapid way to input demographics? I was hoping to get the hospital to encorporate a bar code system so I could just get a reader to input the data. Or, can you attach an image to each patient so perhaps I could just take a picture of the demographic page/sticker and attach that?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDuckMan
    I have been thinking of trying this again. I tried a couple years ago and found it a clunky way to find codes and I didn't like inputting the patient demographics for each consult and case.
    When I sat down and wrote my own app. I found the billing solutions out there some what cumbersome for a medical consult type situation. The drilldown menus with favorites seem to work better for a surgical situation where there is a smaller common diagnosis and procedure pool. Did not seem as efficient for the medical side where you may have multiple diagnoses from a large pool of possibilities. I was surprised to find at that time that if you entered another charge on a patient, day #2 that most of the programs would not default to day#1 diagnoses. So, you would have to re-drill down for 4+ Dx again. Perhaps, they have improved now.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDuckMan

Is there a rapid way to input demographics? I was hoping to get the hospital to encorporate a bar code system so I could just get a reader to input the data. Or, can you attach an image to each patient so perhaps I could just take a picture of the demographic page/sticker and attach that?
    Demographics still have to be entered manually although they do have a new enterprise system that, I believe, can extract data from your practice management system. I find the drilldowns to the CPT's and ICD9's to be intutitive and if you keep a list of "favorites" it can work pretty quickly.