112 75.68%
  • Occasionally Helpful

33 22.30%
  • Doesn't do much but a cool toy

2 1.35%
  • Useless...old pen and paper wins!

1 0.68%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    I am a psychiatric social worker for Montefiore here in the Bronx, ny. I use Handbase for patient records and weekly session notes. Also use it for treatment plans and dsmIV codes. I would be lost without it.
    If your phone keeps resetting itself, try putting a piece of paper behind the phone chip, which may be loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by mriner
    If your phone keeps resetting itself, try putting a piece of paper behind the phone chip, which may be loose.
    Was this in regards to an earlier post? Where is the phone chip I would assume you have to open up the Treo and void the warrenty.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Have a sprint treo with spotty service and a pager. Need to reliably get pages quickly. Some local docs are using a verizon blackberry and are very happy. I would like to continue to use a treo. Should I switch to a verizon treo + chatter? Does the blackberry offer any advantages in speed or reliabilty?
  5.    #245  
    Chatter is definitely as reliable as my Blackberry was with more functionality in regard to attachments, etc. I use my Treo Only as a pager...I have not had a problem as I am usually not in areas where I have no signal for long periods of time and the sms' get forwarded when I regain signal...I also use a virtual office/pbx to send messages to the treo via voice and email which has eliminated my answering service...great functionality www.callmykate.com I have used it for several years...not only does it screen calls it will send the message to your email as an mp3, calls your treo and delivers the message or will play the callers announcement so you can decide whether to take the call or send it to voicemail and listen to it later...it will also send the msg as an mp3 so you can download to the treo and listen...
  6.    #246  
    Anybody finding the their Treo more useful than when they first picked it up? Any switches of OS' because of offerings in Healthcare? What software has been the most helpful.
    There are several programs...Warden comes to mind, that encrypt information you save to a memory card and allow for different ways to lock your treo in various situations where it has somehow gotten out of your hands and control.
    I am still using my 650. My primary use is still for
    Phone, email, Medical reference.

iPhone looks nice but will probably be at least a year before any significant medical applications come out. I would gladly invest the money to upgrade but there has not been a meaningful upgrade on the ATT/Cingular network since the 650 IMO. I am going to see if they come out with a new linux device this fall.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotoru View Post
    I am still using my 650. My primary use is still for
    Phone, email, Medical reference.

iPhone looks nice but will probably be at least a year before any significant medical applications come out. I would gladly invest the money to upgrade but there has not been a meaningful upgrade on the ATT/Cingular network since the 650 IMO. I am going to see if they come out with a new linux device this fall.
    I can't get past the lack of keys and inability to swap out for a fresh battery on the i phone...probalby will prevent me from ever purchasing. When I am on call or traveling the last thing I need is a dead phone where I cannot pop in a charged battery which I usually have charing in the stand of my 750 and take with when I leave every morning. Also the software issues is a prob as I use a mobile version of my EMR and can control my server with my 750...best of all I recently downloaded the patch to upgrade my cingular/att 3G to UMTS speeds....wow what a difference...who needs wifi??
    I wanna go to a doctor that uses a Treo

I didn't read the whole thread - but as a patient, i love when my doctors embrace technology.

Back to the patient part - i long for GOOD quality patient side software. I have 2 kids that i'm trying to track in my Treo - making something work that isn't quite there.

What i want is a basic piece of software - with the ability to add on modules for "issues".

I have a daughter with Scoliosis - would be nice to have something i could add a module for that. Then i could have her curve readings in there in a format that i don't have to remember how i typed the last one in the notes. We switched her doctor last week - i needed some info i didn't have.

Child 2 has Turner's Syndrome. I'd sure love to be able to track her height easier (using a notes field in HealthFile right now), along with her HGH dosages, lot numbers for the cartridges, clicks per night. She's 8, i have a long time more to do this.

All the modules need to work together so that when i'm at the pediatrician i can say hey - she's had bathroom issues 20 minutes after eating for this long (my current problem i have with child 2), she complained about a headache on this day. Her current endo was impressed with my ability to tell him things. Otherwise, it's mainly the nurses that want to know "how tall was she there?".

Make it easier for ME to make YOUR job easier. And let my Mommy brain relax a bit. I rely on my Treo daily and A LOT.

I'd be willing to pay "good money" for GOOD software. I'd switch devices even (oh gosh, did i just say that? i've been a Palm user since Sony came out with their first Clie eons ago).

Anyway, it's great to see you guys USING technology!

Tracey
    Homeschooling Mom to 3 girls
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDoc View Post
    Anybody finding the their Treo more useful than when they first picked it up? Any switches of OS' because of offerings in Healthcare? What software has been the most helpful.
    I have a program with the DSM-IV-TR that I use a lot. Its much more convenient than sifting through the large book. Also have a program with prescriptions drugs. I can't prescribe as a psychologist but it helps me spell things correctly and figure out what my patients are taking. I am actually afraid to change from the palm software platform because I don't know that these programs will transfer or be available. I also have a program that helps me keep track of my own medical records. I can export and print medication lists, blood sugar records and peak flow records as needed. As I am a boomer this comes in very handy.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    As a ER Physician, I rely on my Treo 650 a lot. I have a lot of Skyscape applications that I use for references when I need information about a case quickly. I use it to calculate doses, keep record of my patients (Pt. tracker), and look up medical terms/diseases/symptoms that I am unfamiliar with. I also have lots of games/videos/mp3s which I use to unwind. As a parent, I use it to keep track of my daughter's vaccines, her next pediatrician appointment, her growth etc.

Oh and I also.. occasionally... use it for making calls
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213