1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if telnet clients for the Treo such as Mocha can connect via a GPRS connection. I've done a search and seen discussion about how people are using them to connect via cable. The readme documentation for Mocha mentions that it must have PPP access via a modem or a cable. I'm not sure what that means for the Treo. If I'm connected to the internet via GPRS would I be able to telnet using these clients?
    go get pssh.
    SSH is preferable to telnet anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultip
    Does anyone know if telnet clients for the Treo such as Mocha can connect via a GPRS connection. I've done a search and seen discussion about how people are using them to connect via cable. The readme documentation for Mocha mentions that it must have PPP access via a modem or a cable. I'm not sure what that means for the Treo. If I'm connected to the internet via GPRS would I be able to telnet using these clients?
    I use Mocha Telnet to SSH into my Linux box. It works great! I use it as a secure terminal to get into the backbone routers at my work. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to get a VPN client, and try to set it up so I can telnet directly from the T650. I figure I can VPN in to the management box, and telnet (via TACACS) directly into the routers. The T650 has completely eliminated my need to carry a laptop and try to find a hot spot when I travel.
    I highly recommend TuSSH...
    Both TuSSH and pssh work very well and provide secure communications. I find that I usually use pssh - seems a bit easier to use and I like the display better. Both are excellent secure telnet programs - and freeware, to boot.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Both TuSSH and pssh work very well and provide secure communications. I find that I usually use pssh - seems a bit easier to use and I like the display better. Both are excellent secure telnet programs - and freeware, to boot.
    I tried both of these, and I actually like TuSSH, but I still need a basic telnet client to connect to my routers at work (We use TACACS for authentication, so encryption is not an issue.). MochaTelnet Does both.