Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm thinking of upgrading to the 650 from the Samsung I330. Is there anything the 330 can do that the 650 can't (except for graffiti which I think I will miss).

For example, I can't do online banking at my credit union with the I330 and can't use GMAIL. I use Eudora to check Adelphia mail using Pop3. I use the I330 as a modem for the laptop on trips and I presume the 650 can too?

Thanks,
    You can use Gmail with Chatter Email, alone (POP support was just added) or get true push email with Chatter and Fastmail or Fusemail. I use Chatter + Fastmail to retrieve my Gmail and it works flawlessly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Grafitti-there is a program (free) called grafitti anywhere. I still like to use it for shortcuts etc.

Pdanet will work so that you can use the treo as your modem. (There is a bluetooth dial up networking hack-dont know much about, search for it).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany
    I'm thinking of upgrading to the 650 from the Samsung I330. Is there anything the 330 can do that the 650 can't (except for graffiti which I think I will miss).

For example, I can't do online banking at my credit union with the I330 and can't use GMAIL. I use Eudora to check Adelphia mail using Pop3. I use the I330 as a modem for the laptop on trips and I presume the 650 can too?

Thanks,

sure, it can't scratch my back....
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I used to have a 330 too, you forgot to mention daily hard resets and no sd card to restore from. There is no comparison with the two the 330 is not even in the same ballpark.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I owned the i300, i330, treo 600, and now treo 650. I made the switch solely because of keyboard and never looked back. I was great at graffiti, but once you get used to the keyboard, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. The i330 was/is a fantastic phone light years ahead of any other Palm phone when it came out, but it is not in the same league as the 650. But to be honest 90% of the real benefit is the keyboard.
    once you get used to the "Qwerty" keyboard...you won't miss "Graffitti"...at least I didnt, & I thought I would
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    I thought I'd miss graffiti, too. When I bought my first Treo (the 270), they had it in a version that supported graffiti. I was going to get that one, but read a review that said the keyboard made a huge difference. The review was right -- the ability to navigate your palm one-handed while never getting the stylus out is HUGE. I only use the touchscreen for complex editing operations now, but any day to day task (dialing a contact, etc.), the keyboard is much better.

I've played with the i330. I don't think there's anything you'll miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    cook me dinner...do my laundry
    That's what your woman is supposed to do
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

It won't/can't sync your old e-mail inbox if you are using POP3 e-mail, like the old devices used to.

You will only find this out after many hours of trying, researching, uninstalling and reinstalling software and hard restarts.
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Money650
    Not according to my wife's divorce lawyer!
    It can't stop resetting every once in a while!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Not according to my wife's divorce lawyer!
    well then i should start looking for a wife...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    sure, it can't scratch my back....
    yes it can scratch your back, get stick apply treo with tape, scratch!
    mt
    Am I the only one waiting for time travel? Come on, PalmOne!
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Money650
    Tsk, Tsk. Now boys...
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    well then i should start looking for a wife...
    Ladies love the ski mask and mitt
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

The Treo 650 built-in functionality doesn't report phone minutes or data minutes usage and totals like my older Nokia cell phone.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Actually it does support this, but certain carriers had this removed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast