1.    #1  
    I have come here because I see no other place to go. I have recently bought my Treo 650. I love it to death except for ONE problem. It not only wont sync half the time. But there is a problem when it does. It goes about installed things such as Documents-To-Go. But when it gets the syncronizing tasks, conduit manager says "file is busy" and it quits. I have tried many things. I have reintalled numerous times. I have done a hard reset. And I even haved tried deleted com.palm.hl files. Which apperently can cause this kinda of problem. But to nothing. Any ideas please let me know. I love my Treo but I also need it to work. Thanks in advance.
    Are you using Palm Desktop? My Treo stopped syncing with my iBook G4 using the cable and Palm Desktop. I switched to Missing Sync and starting syncing using Bluetooth and it has worked like a charm everytime. Check out Missing Sync here:

http://www.markspace.com
    Another vote for Missing Sync here...great program, works flawlessly!
    Hey FB33,

I have a PB15, OSX 10.3.8 using the latest Palm Desktop and Conduits that shipped with my 650. I removed all references to my previous Palm Desktop software(Treo 600).

I use Entourage 2004 and have not had any sync issues outside of those that have workarounds e.g. VoiceDial.

See this post on MyTreo.net that I wrote ... I'm sure Missing Sync is a great product but I really don't see a need for it in my case.

http://mytreo.net/forum?topic=6227.msg86502#msg86502
    Are you starting completely from scratch? If so, there should be a simple solution to your problems. If you are trying to upgrade either from an older treo or older palm desktop info (datebooks,etc.) you may be in for alot of frustration.

FYI there is also a mac specific forum here which has alot of good stuff in it.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    If you are getting inconsistent syncs, clean your contacts. On my cradle the syncs were erratic or non existet, and brushing the contacts with a bounty towel and blowing on them fixed the problem.
  7.    #7  
    Yes I am starting from sratch.
    Does your hotsync log show anything that is consistently failing? You may want to see if it is a particular offending application or file. Have you checked out the PalmOne site for hotsync issues?

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Problem=obj(24277)

I did have one of the problems mentioned there as well.

Anyway, good luck. Hope this helps.
  9. JEP
    Just logged in as a new member to TreoCentral. Using a Pizmo and Entourage vX with my Treo 600. Getting tired of having 2 calendars and contact lists (Palm Desktop and Entourage)...was told that I could not sync with Entourage...so am surprised to see different in your message. What's the basic set up?

Thanks - JEP

Quote Originally Posted by sfmanuel
    Hey FB33,

I have a PB15, OSX 10.3.8 using the latest Palm Desktop and Conduits that shipped with my 650. I removed all references to my previous Palm Desktop software(Treo 600).

I use Entourage 2004 and have not had any sync issues outside of those that have workarounds e.g. VoiceDial.

See this post on MyTreo.net that I wrote ... I'm sure Missing Sync is a great product but I really don't see a need for it in my case.

10. JEP
    Just logged in as a new member to TreoCentral. Using a Pizmo and Entourage vX with my Treo 600. Getting tired of having 2 calendars and contact lists (Palm Desktop and Entourage)...was told that I could not sync with Entourage...so am surprised to see different in your message. What's the basic set up?

Thanks - JEP
    Quote Originally Posted by JEP

Thanks - JEP
    In Entourage, search Help for "palm" or "conduits." There is an additional file on the Office disc for syncing a palm with it. It's pretty easy.
    Smartphone Evolution:
    i330 (8/03), i500 (5/04), i600 (11/04), PPC6601 (12/04), Treo 650 (1/05), PPC6600 (10/05), PPC6700 (12/05), Treo 650 (6/06), PPC6700 (9/06), Treo 700wx (10/06)
    I also use missing sync on my powerbook g4, I find it much better and more reliable than the standard palm desktop app that came with my 650.
    gotta to give a shout out for MS as well. just got my GSM 650 from VC yesterday. not 1 hickup. (oh and no resets. )
    Look for the Microsoft Handheld Sync Installer. It moves the Palm Desktop conduits out of the way and installs those needed for Entourage. Note: This will not sync email, ony Contacts, Calendar, Memo/Notes and Tasks. The complete list of my setup is listed in the referenced MyTreo.net posting.

MM
    fleebailey33:

Have you tried fixing the permissions? I assume you are using OSX and there have been issues with some permissions. Palm has released a "fixer". It can be found at

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...ons_fixer.html

Hopefully this will help.
    There is a well-known problem with DTG and Mac anti-virus software that both companies say is fixed. It isn't. You need to disable real-time scanning in Norton or McAfee before you sync and it will work every time. BTW, I am using Missing Sync - great program!
    I had a chance this morning to help someone who was having similar problems with syncing on his Mac. I finally repaired the permissions (using disk utility) and the problem was solved. You may want to give this a try.