1.    #1  
    I just installed a skin for my 650 and realized it will be a pain if I had to do a soft reset. Doing a soft reset would require me to remove the whole skin so I could access the battery cover.

Is there a way to force a soft reset via a sequence and/or combination of keys? Obviously, if the 650 is stuck I would have no options but to reset via the reset button, but sometimes when the Treo is behaving strangly a soft reset helps.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    There's a nice little freeware app called, strangely enough, "Soft Reset."
    Author's page is www dot ranosoft dot net.
    Try TreoOffOn. It will give a Ssoft Reset" & lots of other fetures. Do a search. It's free (donation). Quister is the developer.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    These apps do not work if the Treo is already locked up, which is really when you need it.
    open versamail, make sure that your inbox is empty then click menu and "mark all messages read" and your treo will reset guaranteed.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    So many people have mistaken this very subtle feature for a bug. Kudos for uncovering the secret keystroke combination! (I think there are actually, ahem, several different key combinations in Versamail that can get you there.
  7. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Zlauncher has a soft reset button you can use. Works great as long as the device isn't frozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    open versamail, make sure that your inbox is empty then click menu and "mark all messages read" and your treo will reset guaranteed.
    Hilarious!
    Last edited by millerhifi; 03/20/2005 at 12:00 AM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone

that does not compute. mark all messages read, when there arent any messages? of course the treo gets confused.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Well there's a "feature" that the cingular firmware upgrade didn't change!
    I added a Soft-Reset option to PowerUp. Its in my developer's area and this utility was developed *just* for the treo 650.

Jeff