1.    #1  
    So, I installed Handmark Express b/c it came with one year free Weather but got spoiled with the 411, Maps and Movies services. But, they expired and I have to buy them but am shocked at how expensive it is - does anyone have recommended replacements (besides using wap sites) that are cheaper or free?

Btw, I'm planning on using Directory Assistant to replace the 411 service.

Also, have a lot of people purchased these Express services? (Just want to make sure I don't do the dumb move and pay for this stuff when other TC'ers know how to get them cheaper or for free )
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  2. kjk
    InfoMan - wireless information agent
    iPedia - wireless encyclopedia
    iNoah - wireless dictionary

http://www.arslexis.com - software for Palm and Treo
  3.    #3  
    Sweet, thanks. I also like your signature - will have to check those apps out.

I'm assuming you haven't had any stability issues with Infoman? It looks like a really comprehensive app.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    You say you don't want to use WAP sites, but there is great information out there for free or almost free:

Converter 2.2 - free
    Weather: 4cast ($5)
    411: Directory Assistant (free, but should donate)
    Movies: wap.hollywood.com - plug in your zip code and then add a bookmark in blazer.
    News: news.google.com/news?ned=tus
    Other info: Google Local
    Stocks: 4stocks

Why pay an expensive annual fee when you can get the same or better information just as fast, and for little or no money?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I think these are really good suggestions. However, Infoman is not at all complete. It needs the ability to check sports scores and news headlines. The developers shouldn't bother with either weather or stocks modules because 4cast and 4stocks are so good.

Infoman is very stable for me. However, I couldn't get Handmark Express to run on my Verizon Treo 650 without it freezing. It seems way too bloated in size for what it offers. I prefer the less graphically dazzling and more stable Infoman, 4cast, 4stocks, and Directory Assistant.

Damon
    Any other suggestions for good movie info?
    I am sticking with express, works great for me! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Anyone notice that lately infoman has been causing consistent resets?
    I haven't had any problems. Had you installed any programs on your device, before the resets occurred? What module of Infoman are you using when the resets occur?

Damon
    Movies: wap.hollywood.com - plug in your zip code and then add a bookmark in blazer.

Am I doing something wrong. when i try to goto wap.hollywood.com i get redirected automatically to the hollywood.com site. I'm using blazer
    Call me lazy.

Handmark Express is my one stop shoping for news, weather, sports, movies, 411 and maps. I also like the built in integration with my Contacts data base.

Express also assists in my diet plan: I eat one less lunch a month.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Handmark Express is my one stop shoping for news, weather, sports, movies, 411 and maps. I also like the built in integration with my Contacts data base.
    For me, Handmark Express is THE app that makes the dataplan more-than-worth it. At $1.50 per 411 call (Cingular), it doesn't take long for Express to pay for itself, and for me, the ability to use the 411 app to find a place I want to go, then directly move into the map app to find out where it is, and even get driving directions if I need them is just technology that is WAY cooler than its $5.95 a month price tag.

I think Perry has the right idea. Eat out one less lunch a month, and you've got the cash you need to pay for Express.

Of course, YMMV. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan
    For me, Handmark Express is THE app that makes the dataplan more-than-worth it. At $1.50 per 411 call (Cingular), it doesn't take long for Express to pay for itself, and for me, the ability to use the 411 app to find a place I want to go, then directly move into the map app to find out where it is, and even get driving directions if I need them is just technology that is WAY cooler than its $5.95 a month price tag.

I think Perry has the right idea. Eat out one less lunch a month, and you've got the cash you need to pay for Express.

Of course, YMMV. =)
    Have you tried Kmaps? it does the same thing for free. it allows you to look up the place you want to go getting adress/phone number and map it and even get directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan

Of course, YMMV. =)
    Wow, did you ever get duped by the Handmark people. I know they've been using that as a marketing line, but it bites them more than it helps.

Using Rick Whitt's DA, I save $1.50 per call PLUS $5.95 per month -- and can still switch automatically to the driving directions. No need to skip lunch.

Doug