1.    #1  
    Ok, this hasn't happened to me yet, but does anyone know of a way to get that replaced if they lose it? Also, does anyone sell a car charger that does not require that dongle? I get a lot of customers asking.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Does that dongle work with any current sprint pcs chargers?
  3.    #3  
    Yep. Works with the SCI universal barrel one, or with iTip A00 on our iGo system at Radioshack.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    DrDoom, you can get a charger for the T5/650 (From P1) at places like CompUSA. Straight plug-in, no dongle needed. (Had to get one when my defrost vent swallowed my dongle )

Keefe007, the dongle plugs into the Sprint universal car charger. Go into any Sprint dealer and ask for the universal charger.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Why is there a label on it that says, "Use only with 1A AC adapters distributed by Sprint for Treo 650. Using any unapproved AC adapter will destroy the adapter and cause a fire"
    Well, first of all, they don't want you plugging in anything that happens to fit. Just because something fits, doesn't mean the polarity is right, volts, amperage, etc.

Other than that, assuming you can buy a charger from either PalmOne (or a retailer), or Sprint, where do you think Sprint would want you to spend your $30??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by keefe007
    "Use only with 1A AC adapters distributed by Sprint for Treo 650. Using any unapproved AC adapter will destroy the adapter and cause a fire"
    Ask Sprint's marketing department!

Basically, they're saying to use only Sprint-branded chargers. The truth is almost any charger that meets the specs should work. I have a few Belkin chargers with the Sprint universal connector and they all work fine with the 650.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...