1.    #1  
    Just a long list of things on my mind after using this product for a few weeks (and pretty much every other email program on the Treo before that, including Goodlink for a long time).

1. There really should be a "check email now" button for any specific or all mailboxes. What I mean is, a button that cancels whatever is happening and checks for new email. I've had a problem with online mailboxes that take forever to do some task (e.g., reload folder list, see my comment #2) and all I really want to do is cancel that task and immediately check my email, because I'm about to take off on a plane, etc.

2. Something is wrong with Reload Folder List in the latest beta version. (1.04.b8 -- may actually not be latest anymore). It sometimes takes forever (hours) and because there is no "cancel" option or "check email now" button, it is major problem if you accidentally hit this button. I had to completely recreate my inbox mailbox so I could check my new emails because there was no way to stop this loop.

3. There needs to be a "page down" 1 key command (P?). Aslo there should be a "top" (T?) and "bottom" (B?) one key command that works in emails and mailbox lists.

4. Re-sorting by a different feature (e.g., sender) takes way to long and usually calls my phone to crash or just white screen a long time.

5. This isn't a huge issue for me, but I'd prefer a button option to always go to a specific mailbox. Now you set a button to go to "next mailbox", but sometimes you may want to have a quick way to return to your "main" mailbox, and if you have a lot of mailboxes, this could be a problem.

6. I've never understood why any of these email programs don't have a feature which allows me to set "alert" to whatever my ringer is. E.g., if my phone ringer is on, my email alert is the same (maybe a different tone), if my ringer is vibrate, my email is vibrate, ringer is off, email off, etc. Just doubles my effort to have to silence/awaken both.

7. It would be nice if it were easier to select a bunch of messages (e.g., hit "S" to select or hold option or something and scroll down to select a bunch in a row). This would make moving a bunch of messages between folders easier. Goodlink has this feature.

8. It would be nice if I could expunge (from my handheld only) by a date parameter -- e.g., one-time expunge of all emails older than 1 week.

9. I've had a weird problem pop up a few times recently where the sender's email/name was blank for some reason. It was only a few emails that had this problem, most were okay.

10. HTML emails or other emails with code remain a huge problem. I get html tags, no spaces, etc. in lots of emails.

11. Sometimes (often) when I reply to an email, it places the cursor BELOW the "______________" line, so the line does not separate my email from the "In reply to..." unless I correct manually. Actually it just sort of highlights the old email first and I have to use the center button to get my cursor active -- and it often starts too low. Better to just start the cursor automatically a few lines above the old email.

12. I have had a lot of problems with a) my Treo 650 not turning on despite hitting the button constantly -- sometimes I have to reset or sometimes it eventually turns on and b) my Treo freezing a lot while using Chatter or the phone application. I believe that Chatter may (at least sometimes) be the cause of these problems, and I know that other Treo users have reported lots of turn-on and freeze problems on the main treocentral board.

All for now... still love Chatter.
  2.    #2  
    Okay, so I just checked the site and there have been like 10 new betas since mine (wow), even though mine was like 8 days old. Now that I found my cable, I will load the newest one. I see the folder list problem was solved, I'll see if some of the others were, too.
    It's a long list, alright...

1 & 2) There was a bug with folder lists that was fixed along the line. I strongly recommend upgrading to 1.0.4rc5. Is there any other activity like this that takes time? I can't think of anything except, perhaps, for attachment loading.

3) Option-up and option-down go a page at a time in Mailbox View (message list). I don't think there's an equivalent for viewing messages, but it would be simple to do.

4) Nobody has reported this to me before; I'll have to take a look. How many messages do you tend to have in a mailbox that's slow in sorting.

5) I'll have to think about how that might work.

6) Chatter allows this, I think. Use Notifications to choose Tone and Vib, then check the box that says (paraphrasing) "Use Vibrate only if Ringer Off".

7) You can select arbitrary messages with spacebar and work on them with commands in the Msg menu.

8) There's no IMAP option for partially expunging mailboxes, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

9 & 10) I'd like to see examples of this.

11) This is fixed in rc5

12) Freezes appear also to be fixed in rc5. The two people who saw this with some regularity no longer report it.

Thanks for all the comments!!

Marc
  4.    #4  
    3) (One key "page up" "page down" in emails and message view.) I take your point, but one key commands would be better, and like you said, it doesn't work in emails.

4) (Re-sorting slows/freezes my phone). I have about 200 or so messages in my inbox when this happens.

6) (Linking alerts to ringer) Not really. E.g., what if I want to completely silent my alerts?

8) (Expunge). No, I just mean on the handheld -- they'd stay on the server.

9) and 10) You're welcome to my house in D.C. or current client site in Chicago anytime. Seriously, I'm surprised you're skeptical aboiut this problem (html) because I have it in a lot of my emails. The blank addressor problem was a bizarre that happened twice on the same day and went away since.

Also, I know this problem was fixed and since then usually hasn't been a problem for me, but today I was sending a blank email with the latest beta and I got the old "cannot send a blank email" message. But I couldn't replicate the problem later. Weird. I may have entered then deleted text, or something like that. Not sure.
    I'm not skeptical at all about the HTML issue; I'd just like to see an example.

Marc
    MARC: I just downloaded latest BETA and two odd things happened -
    1) This is my hotsync log (tried three times)
    - Installed file: D:\palmOne\CCANTO\Install\ChatterUtils.prc
    - Installed file: D:\palmOne\CCANTO\Install\ChatterPOP3.prc
    - Already exists: D:\palmOne\CCANTO\Install\ChatterExg.prc
    - Installed file: D:\palmOne\CCANTO\Install\Chatter.prc
    Install synchronization failed

2) I cannot find the option to reload folders

Help!

THANKS
    Charliec
    in the edit mailbox menu you should find reload folders list..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    That was kinda my point - it is NOT there!
    Charliec
    OK - downloaded the latest BETA to the Treo directly and installed with HandZipper - and - voila - all seems well - everything is back in place...that was wierd.
    Charliec
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    MARC: I just downloaded latest BETA and two odd things happened -
    1) This is my hotsync log (tried three times)
    - Installed file: D:\palmOne\CCANTO\Install\ChatterUtils.prc
    - Installed file: D:\palmOne\CCANTO\Install\ChatterPOP3.prc
    - Already exists: D:\palmOne\CCANTO\Install\ChatterExg.prc
    - Installed file: D:\palmOne\CCANTO\Install\Chatter.prc
    Install synchronization failed
    I've had this happen to me recently with ChatterExg.prc
    What I've noticed is that if I sutdown chatter first by choosing "Upgrade ChatterEmail" from the "Sys" drop-down menu before I hotsync the upgrade, then the problem does not occur. I'm not sure if this is definitive, just giving my experience...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    I've had this happen to me recently with ChatterExg.prc
    What I've noticed is that if I sutdown chatter first by choosing "Upgrade ChatterEmail" from the "Sys" drop-down menu before I hotsync the upgrade, then the problem does not occur. I'm not sure if this is definitive, just giving my experience...
    I to was having the same HotSync error that I ignored, but when I read your post I though I give it a try. Just like in gardening a little fertilizer is good, but a lot of fertilizer is great: Will I amended your procedure:

• Shutdown & Disconnect
    • Turn off Phone
    • Installed files: ChatterUtils.prc, ChatterExg.prc, Chatter.prc
    • HotSync this time no error.
    • Turn on Phone
    • Phone attempted to connect to PCS Vision and failed.
    • Started Chatter and Phone again attempted to connect to PCS Vision with success
    • I think Chatter was attempting to logon to my Fastmail account when Phone Reset.

A error Log (##377) revealed my first Chatter reset in over month.

A reset was caused on 9/13/05 at 9:10 pm while running “Chatter”: Emul68KMain.c, Line:456,line 1111 exception at address 7319D4B0.

I was installing version 1.1rc1 on Sprint T650 Phone Software version 1.12-SPCS,
    I am looking for two new features and I have one big problem:

1) I would love to assign a one-touch button to move a message to a SPECIFIC mailbox. Now, if I want to move a message to my Old Sent folder, I press M, then O (which brings me to Old Personal), then down to get to Old Sent and then center button.

2) I would love to have some sort of way to push sync calendar items.

Now my problem is that I often get white blank screens when leaving Chatter. Sometimes happens when I press phone, sometimes when I press Home. I can't tell when it happens or why so I never can have a log.

Anyone else experience this?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    What version of Chatter is this? What phone?

Marc
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    I to was having the same HotSync error that I ignored, but when I read your post I though I give it a try. Just like in gardening a little fertilizer is good, but a lot of fertilizer is great: Will I amended your procedure:

• Shutdown & Disconnect
    • Turn off Phone
    • Installed files: ChatterUtils.prc, ChatterExg.prc, Chatter.prc
    • HotSync this time no error.
    • Turn on Phone
    • Phone attempted to connect to PCS Vision and failed.
    • Started Chatter and Phone again attempted to connect to PCS Vision with success
    • I think Chatter was attempting to logon to my Fastmail account when Phone Reset.

A error Log (##377) revealed my first Chatter reset in over month.

A reset was caused on 9/13/05 at 9:10 pm while running “Chatter”: Emul68KMain.c, Line:456,line 1111 exception at address 7319D4B0.

I was installing version 1.1rc1 on Sprint T650 Phone Software version 1.12-SPCS,
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Sprint T650 1.0.7b43
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    um...where's rc5?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    gadgetfreak - Get a newer Beta (1.1rc2 is current)

Marc