1.    #1  
    Has any body been able to synch their bank CDs with SplashMoney? I recently opened a Bank of America CD and I would like to be able to synch it. Any ideas.

Thanks,

Al
  2.    #2  
    This is the first time I open a CD and today I've looked that my bank account and it looks like everyday I get a new Redemption Amount. Wow, it is really cool, but that probably means that I have to enter the new amount every day. As a result I have to go online everyday and update the amount. Well, that sucks. Is there anyway to set this up so that I see an updated amount every day from within SplashMoney.

Thanks,

Al
    Is there anyway you can email me a copy of the splash money software to me Please
    xman, feel free to download a copy of it. THey give you a free trial. That way you can try it and not steal. That is good. STealing is bad. http://www.splashdata.com/splashmoney/
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    why on earth would you get a cd?
    the redemption amount for one is less than your principal automatically, so if you need it you lose money so there goes the FDIC rebuttle out the window, and also if inflation is clipping at 3% and the cd is lets say if your lucky 4% your outpacing inflation by 1% but wait now you gotta pay tax on the interest earned so now 100k cd at 4%=4000 per year and if you are in a 25% tax bracket you owe 1000 in taxes off the interest, which means you lent the bank your money for free after inflation kicks in. Im not calling you stupid by any means im just wondering if anyone really stops to do the math. CD's are the worst investment.

mt
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    why on earth would you get a cd?
    the redemption amount for one is less than your principal automatically, so if you need it you lose money so there goes the FDIC rebuttle out the window, and also if inflation is clipping at 3% and the cd is lets say if your lucky 4% your outpacing inflation by 1% but wait now you gotta pay tax on the interest earned so now 100k cd at 4%=4000 per year and if you are in a 25% tax bracket you owe 1000 in taxes off the interest, which means you lent the bank your money for free after inflation kicks in. Im not calling you stupid by any means im just wondering if anyone really stops to do the math. CD's are the worst investment.

mt
    What should I do with my money them? It is been deposit for more than a year on a savings account with a 1.2 interest rate. It would have been way better if I had it in a CD for 3.0 don't you think? I wonder what kind of business you are in? I don't play with stocks because it is too risky and I don't have the time to research and follow them everyday. Anybody?

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    im an investment banker, i understand there are risks with stks, but since the 2000 fallout there are so many insured investments out there, heck you can even get insured mutual funds now, anyhow like i said not calling you dumb or anything like that, its just so many people dont realize that at 3.00 there money does nothing and when retirement comes around its too late. if you want some SAFE ideas pm me glad to help
    mt, ps if not fine im not here to solicit, just help is all.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    well i seem to have opend up some questions here with this issue and am really glad to help any and all, im not trying to solicit, so please dont take it that way. I welcome all PM on this issue if anyone has any, i have recieved a few.

So you know I work for a Large Bank, series 7,31,63,65 licensed Financial planner, and im willing to help anyone, with treos or investemts!

this is a hlep forum, so if i can im at your service.
    Mt